Happy New Years Eve! Today I thought I would give you the top 10 recipes of 2012 chosen by you. It’s pretty cool that I get to do this because I just hit my one year in September. I have to say, I am shocked to find that only two food recipes make my top 10, the rest are drinks. Hmmm, I wonder what it will be like in 2013? Will these recipes stay on the list or will there be something new and exciting? Ohhh, the pressure!! Ready, let’s see what is at number 10.
10. Healthy Shamrock Shake – This drink was my first recipe that got a lot of hits on Pintrest! I made it because I kept seeing the commercials for McDonalds Shamrock Shake. I wanted one!! I looked at the nutritional label for all of my meals that I eat or want and saw how many McDonalds had and I knew I could never have one. So what is a girl to do? Make one herself!! Now my Healthy Shamrock Shake was born!!
9. Coconut Mocha Frappe – My first Frappe Ever! I don’t know what ever started me on making coffee frappes, but this one is the one that inspired me to make all my other coffee drinks. I fell in love with the taste, how simple it is to make and how low calorie they are!! This is one drink I’ll never forget that I made!! I’m proud that it is still in the top 10!
8. Lemon Cheesecake – This was my very first mini cheesecake I that have ever made! I am proud of these little guys! These cheesecakes inspired me to make all my other ones.
7. Pumpkin Pancakes – I love these pancakes! I stocked up on canned pumpkin so I can make these. They are in my weekly rotation! They are light, fluffy and fun!!!
6. Chocolate Peanut Butter Frappe – Thanks to Reese’s posting this on their Facebook page, it climbed the chart and knocked out my Buffalo Chicken Wing Wontons, which has been on the top 10 list all year!!
5. Skinny Peppermint Mocha Frappe – I love this drink, I rotate between this one and the #2 on this list during the week! I stocked up on Trader Joe’s Peppermint Extract so I can make these all year round!
4. Strawberry and Cream Frappe – I love this drink in the summer!! I made this for my step-daughter who loves Starbucks Strawberry and Cream frappe and I wanted her to have a healthier version. She loves it better than Starbucks! Yah!! Plus I love the pink color! I’m kind of a strawberry freak!!
3. Nutella Coffee Frappe – Love this drink! When I’m craving chocolate or Nutella which seems to be a lot lately, I make this drink!! Definitely more filling and healthier than spooning Nutella out of the jar!!
2. Skinny Vanilla Mocha Frappe – This is my personal favorite frappe and my Husbands too! This has been viewed over 300,000 times and is my second biggest pinned recipe on Pintrest. After having the Starbucks version I realized I like mine more, I think it’s because of the chocolate! It’s sweet and so low calorie!! I swear I could drink about 3 of these a day!! I’m not kidding about that!!
Ready for the number one! Drum roll please…
1. Pumpkin Spice Frappe – This is my most pinned recipe, with over 18,000 views in one day!! I’ll never forget that day! My Husband and I sat at my computer and kept wondering how high is it now? When I went to bed, I was at 12,000 views and my Husband and I made bets to where it was going to be when we woke up, and we both almost fell over when my stats read 18,000!! I loved that day! That was when I was really proud to be a food blogger!! I don’t think I’ll ever top that one! As of today it’s still going strong at over 490,000 views! It’s crazy!!! That’s double the size of the town I live in. Since this recipe posted in August it is still my number one viewed recipe everyday! I guess you Guys like your pumpkin and I don’t blame you!! I have about 10 cans of the good orange stuff in my cupboard! What’s nice about this drink is there are two versions of this recipe, one for coffee drinkers and one for non-coffee drinkers.
I want to thank you Guys for making this even possible! I owe so much gratitude to you! I have been blogging for 15 months now and I simply love it! It’s your comments, views and encouragement that makes me do this everyday!!! So I want to give you a big THANK YOU!!!
I really can’t wait to see what 2013 brings!!! Will these drinks still be on the top 10? I have a feeling the Pumpkin one will still be there, but can it holds its spot at number one? I guess we will find out next year!!!
Have a great day!
P.S. What are your favorite Peanut Butter and Pepper recipes of 2012?