Hi Everyone and Happy Wednesday!!
Today is a lazy day for me. It’s 100 degrees out and the nights haven’t been any cooler. It seems were finally getting our summer! Yah!! But with all that heat, I haven’t had the energy to exercise or cook! Ugh! Not complaining though!
Today’s recipe is for Maple Glazed Chicken. This is a wonderful quick dish to make during the week and is loaded with so much flavor; it was a sure hit with the family. I’ll tell yah, nothing beats sweet and savory!! I really think it’s my favorite combination. The chicken only took about 20 minutes to make, which included preparation. I served this with a side of my microwaved sweet potatoes, which was a perfect complement to the dish! My dinner including everything took about 20 minutes! You can’t beat that!
I made the chicken using sugar-free maple syrup, chicken stock, apple juice and some spices. Yum!! It sounds like a weird combo, but maple syrup and chicken go so well together, especially when you mix in some salt, pepper and onion powder. Oh yah!!!
- Serves: 4 - 3 oz chicken breasts
- Serving size: 1 Chicken Breast
- 4 (12oz) boneless chicken breast, halved
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ½ tsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup apple juice
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup, sugar free
- ½ tsp. onion powder.
- Lay chicken on a piece of parchment paper and cover with another piece of parchment paper. With a rolling pin or meat clever, flatten the chicken to about ½" thick. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet add chicken broth and chicken. Cook until no longer pink and flipping half way through. It's ok if the chicken stock evaporates. Remove chicken from skillet and put on plate and cover with foil.
- In a small bowl add apple juice and cornstarch; mix until smooth. Add maple syrup and onion powder to juice mixture. Mix until combined. Pour mixture into skillet .
- With a whisk stir juice mixture until thick and bubbly, about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
This is the perfect weeknight Fall meal, even though it doesn’t feel like Fall right now. I think it’s time for me to turn on the grill and do a little Barbecuing tonight!!
Sorry I’m making this post short today!! I don’t know where the time goes lately. I feel like all I’m doing is running!!!
P.S. Don’t forget to enter my Skinny Bitch Cookbook Giveaway!