I’m a little sad today! :( Today is the last recipe that you will get from Skinny Bitch Tuesday. I enjoyed meeting and getting to know the girls, Claire, Stephanie and Michelle. For our last recipe, Stephanie chose Pumpkin Soup. It’s a perfect recipe to say goodbye to Skinny Bitch Tuesday and a wonderful welcome into the Fall season.
This is the first time I ever made pumpkin soup and I am pleasantly surprised on how yummy it is!! Well maybe not, after all I am obsessed with pumpkin! Remember a couple of weeks ago I was making Pumpkin Puree and I said I wanted to go savory? This is what I used the pumpkin puree for. I will admit I really, really changed up the recipe from the cookbook. The cookbook called for a 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, plus almond milk and white wine. I didn’t add any of those ingredients into my soup. I like my soup more on the savory side, rather than sweet.
I decided to add chicken stock, coconut milk and sage. This soup was creamy, smooth, and savory. I really loved this soup, it was a perfect addition to my dinner, which was my Turkey, Cranberry and Pear Panini. It was the perfect Fall meal.
A creamy savory pumpkin soup made with onions, apples and fresh sage.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3/4 cup (97 grams) apple, peeled and diced
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin, roasted or canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage leaves or 1/2 tbsp. dried sage
- 3 cups chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (carton) or non-fat milk
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a stockpot over medium heat, melt butter and saute onion, roasted pumpkin, and sage until all are tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Puree the mixture with a hand emerser blender or pour in batches into a food processor or blender.
- Return the puree to the stockpot, add the chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Then add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 more minutes, lowering the heat if necessary so it does not boil. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Calories per serving: 88.5, Fat: 3.5, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 112, Potassium: 47.4, Carbs: 12.3, Fiber: 4.8, Sugar: 5.3, Protein: 3
A look back at all the Skinny Bitch Tuesday Recipes.
Coconut Macaroons - My personal Favorite!
Now for the giveaway. I will send you, your very own copy of the Skinny Bitch Ultimate Everyday Cookbook, by Kim Barnouin. To win all you have to do is answer this question: What was your favorite Skinny Bitch Recipe?
For extra entries: Just be sure you tell me you did so.
- Sign up for email/subscribe to Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Follow me on Twitter
- Tweet my giveaway: Win a copy of Kim Barnouin Skinny Bitch Cookbook at Peanut Butter and Peppers.@JenatPBandP
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers on Facebook
- Pin one of my Skinny Bitch Tuesday photos on Pintrest
Double your chances of winning by stopping by the other Skinny Bitch Tuesday Girls blogs. They are having the same giveaway, plus we need to see what they did different to their pumpkin soup recipe! That’s my favorite part of being apart of this group It’s so fun to have the same recipe and seeing how someone else makes it different.
Claire from the Realistic Nutritionist
Michelle from The Healthy Bites
Stephanie from Eat.Drink.Love
Have a great day!!