Hello! Strawberry season is almost here and I thought I would share with you one of my all time favorite Spring and Summer salads; Strawberry Chicken Salad. The salad is so light, refreshing and is a family favorite and is also very easy to make.
This recipe makes quite a bit of marinade/dressing, so when you pour it over the salad, only add as much dressing as you normally like. You can save the rest of the dressing for a different day. If you want to jazz it up some more, add some candied nuts and fresh blueberries. This salad will not disappoint!
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons water
- ¼ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 chicken skinless boneless breasts (1.50 lbs.)
- 3 cups strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- 6 cups baby mixed greens
- 2 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, honey, water, thyme, salt, and pepper. You will need to mix this together a few times before serving, the oil will naturally separate.
- Place the chicken into a plastic zip-lock bag and pour half of the vinaigrette on top. Seal the bag and chill for 20 minutes up to 2 hours.
- In a non-stick pan or skillet, cook the chicken over medium heat, about 7 minutes on each side. Make sure the chicken is cooked through the center and has an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. You may need to adjust the time based on the thickness of your chicken. (you can also cook on grill or in air fryer (for airfryer; set temp. to 400 degrees, cook chicken for 8 minutes, flip and cook for 6 more minutes until internal temp of chicken is 165F)
- While chicken is cooking, slice your strawberries and red onions.
- Set cooked chicken onto a cutting board, let rest for 5 minutes, and then slice.
- In a large bowl, add mixed greens, red onions, strawberries, and the remaining vinaigrette dressing. Toss to coat.
- Add chicken and goat cheese.
- Serve immediately (if making ahead of time, add chicken and dressing when ready to serve)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and are able to get outside and enjoy some sunshine. I plan on planting some strawberries this weekend. Just hope the birds don’t eat them. Have a great day!
A.Rrajani Photographer says
THANK YOU FOR SHARING….
Jennifer @ PB and P Design says
Thank you so very much. 😊