Well I am finally showing you my meatloaf recipe. I have made this a bazillion times since I started blogging and either I forgot to take pictures or the pictures turn out terrible. Meatloaf is not very photogenic, at least for me. These are not the greatest photos, but they are the best ones so far! I will tell you the hardest part about blogging is taking photos of the food. You need the right lighting, back grounds ect… I think my fellow bloggers would agree. Anyway, remember on Sunday when I made the Lentil Stuffed Peppers? My Husband was sad because they were not made with ground beef. So I made him a promise that I would make him his favorite meatloaf recipe the next night. I have to say he was a pretty good sport when it came to the Lentil Stuffed Peppers. If you missed that post, you should check it out because I told a story on how I made the peppers.
I really do love meatloaf, it is so easy to make, low-calorie and tastes pretty darn good! The meatloaf turned out moist and so flavorful. To give it a wonderful flavor I used thyme, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and diced onions. To keep it moist I topped it ketchup. It’s not the prettiest little loaf but it’s a perfect comfort meal that my family and I enjoy. I served it with a side of sweet potato fries for me and shoestring french fries for my Husband. We were both so happy with this meal!
To make it I just added all of my ingredients together in a bowl and popped it in a loaf pan and baked it for 45 minutes. The thicker you make the loaf the longer it will take to cook. The only thing I don’t like about making meatloaf is how long it takes to cook. I sit in the kitchen patiently waiting and oh the smell is just so magnificent. All I want to do is grab a big fork and knife and cut into that juicy loaf! It’s so good! I really don’t understand why I don’t cook it more often?
- Serves: 1 loaf (4 servings)
- Serving size: 1 serving
- 1lbs. ground beef, lean (I used 96/4)
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. worcesterchire sauce
- ½ cup onion, finely diced
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs or corn flakes
- ½ cup ketchup, reduced sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9 x 4 loaf pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a bowl, add ground beef, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion and egg; mix well until combined. I used my my hands. Add pepper, salt, thyme, and panko breadcrumbs; mix together until combined.
- Add beef mixture into prepared loaf pan. Evenly pour ketchup over top of the loaf.
- Place in oven and bake uncovered for 45 to 60 minutes, until no longer pink.
When I have meatloaf it reminds me of my Mom! I remember when I was a kid, she used to make it all of the time. I think it was also one of my Father’s favorites? That’s why I called it Mom’s Meatloaf!
Well my Friends, that’s it for me. I have to start working on recipes. I’m going to be going a way for work in a few weeks and I need to get some recipes baked, cooked and posted.
Have a great day!