Today I have for you a simple, classic zucchini bread that will please all zucchini bread lovers. If you check out the bread section of my blog you will find lots of zucchini bread recipes, but the one today would be the kind Mom makes. It’s traditional and a family hit.
This bread is moist, sweet, delicious and chock full of freshly grated zucchini. I have to tell you but I am one of those people who gets a brilliant idea in their head and I go all out to make whatever my idea is. Well I had lots of ideas with my zucchini, so I bought a big pack of them with the intentions of making all of my ideas. You know what? I didn’t make any of those recipes. When I looked on my counter I knew I had about one day left to use my beloved zucchini, so when desperate measures comes I use produce to make smoothies or bread. I’m glad this happened this time around because I am so happy with the outcome of my bread. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by it! It’s so good!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. nutmeg or cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini, coarsely shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray an 8½-by-4½ loaf pan with cooking spray or two mini loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, add flour, nutmeg, salt, baking soda and baking powder; mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, add canola oil, eggs and sugar; mix until combined. Stir in zucchini.
- Add zucchini mixture to flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Bake in oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Or 30-35 minutes for mini loaf pans.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and place bread on a wire rack to cool completely.
So next time you have leftover zucchini, make bread! It’s so easy, delicious and makes for a great breakfast bread that is slathered in butter. Yummy!
Have a great day!