The name says it all, it’s made with lettuce, tomato, turkey bacon and a homemade creamy dressing to top on the salad. Now I have to admit a classic BLT contains pork bacon, but mine is turkey bacon. This was the first time I ever cooked or had turkey bacon and I was pleasantly surprised on how tasty it is. I could not tell the difference in my salad. Matter in fact my salad truly tastes like a BLT sandwich without the bread. Score!
I discovered Butterball Turkey Bacon at the grocery store and I thought why not give it a try? I cooked it in a skillet, flipping it periodically, until it got nice and crispy. I let it cool off on a paper towel and crumbled it over my salad. Of course I had to take a sample of the turkey bacon and it was delish. I love that it is only 25 calories a slice and 25% less fat than pork bacon and it’s a hit with the family.
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- ½ tsp. milk (I used non-fat)
- 4 slices Butterball Turkey Bacon, cooked
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, olive oil, salt and pepper, mix until combined. Add a dash of milk, until it is the constancy you like for dressing.
- Divide between two plates, romaine lettuce, tomatoes and bacon. Serve with dressing.
I do love this salad! It makes for a great lunch or dinner and if your inclined, make it as a sandwich or place in a wrap. 🙂 To find other great recipes using turkey bacon check out Butterball recipes
Oh and here is a link for Butterball coupons.
Have a super wonderful day!