I have to admit to you that I am not feeling well today. I have had some stomach issues lately and I am thinking I may have a slight flu. Not sure? Anyway, I am telling you this because today recipe tastes amazing, but the photographs are not great. So please don’t let that fool you, today’s recipe for Grilled Chipotle Lime Sweet Potato Fries is really delish!
I got the idea for Chipotle Lime Sweet Potato Fries from a local restaurant. They have these wonderful fries that have a nice lime flavor, but I must admit they are deep-fried. So I decided to duplicate the recipe, but grill my fries instead. Oh my gosh so good! You get a little bit of heat from the chipotle and a little kick of lime in the end. I am truly pleased with these sweet potato fries. Don’t tell anyone, but I ate the whole recipe. I couldn’t resist! Yummy!
I made this recipe pretty simple. I cooked my sweet potato in the microwave for a few minutes so it softens up. I let it cool for about 15 minutes or so and then sliced it into wedges. I made a wonderful little marinade of olive oil, lime juice, chipotle in adobo sauce and salt & pepper. I brushed my potatoes with the marinade and pop it on the grill for about 6 minutes total. The potatoes were soft, but the flavor is out of this world. Even the little burnt pieces tasted good! If you’re a sweet potato fan, you will just love these potatoes!
- Serves: 2 servings
- Serving size: about 6 oz each (half of the potato)
- 1 large sweet potato (12 oz)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chipotle in adobo sauce
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Wash potato, and pierce with a fork. Wrap potato in a moisten paper towel. Microwave in 2 minute increments until for tender (about 4 minutes depending on size of potato). Once cooked; set a side to cool; about 15 minutes.
- Once the potato is cooled, cut into thick slices.
- Meanwhile, spray the grill with cooking spray or brush the grates with olive oil. Preheat the grill to medium low heat.
- In a bowl, add olive oil, lime juice,chipotle pepper, salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Brush over sweet potatoes.
- Add sweet potatoes to the grill and cook each side for about 3 minutes, until lightly charred. Be careful not to burn.
- Note: You will have leftover chipotle lime sauce leftover.
So next time you are barbecuing, you should really give these fries a try! They are healthy, delicious and loaded with flavor! I can guarantee I will be making them all summer!!
I need to get some rest! Have a wonderful weekend!