Do you ever have those nights where you are hungry and to lazy to make dinner? Your thinking maybe I’ll just snack on some chips or worse yet, maybe order a pizza? Stop all the madness. I have a quick pizza recipe for you. It takes less than 10 minutes to make and is filling and pretty good for you too. This is my Tomato & Basil Grilled Naan Pizza.
This pizza is great and the whole family will love it. Plus it is portioned controlled so you don’t have to worry about being part of the clean plate club and eating more than your share of pizza. My pizza is made with fresh tomatoes, olive oil, herbs and a little Parmesan cheese topped on Naan Bread. Such a breeze to make. Since it was 99 degrees outside, I decide to grill the pizza to give it extra flavor, plus I didn’t want to turn the oven on. Way too hot for that. This was absolutely perfect on the grill. You can check out the picture of it grilling here.
Have you ever had Naan bread? It’s an Indian bread that is almost like a pita. It’s relativity low in calorie and a bigger then the average slice of pizza. Perfect personal size pizza if you ask me. I bought mine at Trader Joe’s. I used the one in the frozen section. They also have garlic flavor which would be great too, but I stuck to traditional Naan bread.
- 1 Naan Bread (I used Trader Joe's, in frozen section)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper (opitional)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 leaves basil, sliced small
- Heat grill to medium heat
- On top of naan bread brush on olive oil. Top naan with oregano, crushed peppers, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese and basil leaves.
- Place pizza on grill and cook for about 3 minutes, until bottom of naan bread starts to get grill marks and lightly golden in color.
- Eat and enjoy!
These personal size pizzas make for a great lunch or dinner, served with a side salad.
Well I hope you have a wonderful day!