Today for #SundaySupper we are sharing with you recipes that are 5 ingredients or less, not including salt, pepper, oil or water. You have to love simple recipes that do not contain a lot of ingredients. Last weekend as you may have heard I went shopping at the Berkeley Bowl with my #SundaySupper pal Marlene, from Nosh my Way. When we were shopping I saw some beautiful heirloom tomatoes that I just had to buy. I had no idea what I was going to make with them, then the craving hit. I wanted a BLT sandwich, but I didn’t have any bread. That just makes me sad and frankly I am just to lazy to go to the store to buy a loaf of bread. So what does a girl do to kill those cravings? Improvise and make something even better! I saw those little tomatoes on my windowsill and started to chop away to make BLT style salad, but with a little bit more oomph. So today I am sharing with you my Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad.
The salad is light, full of flavor and creamy from the avocado. Since I used heirloom tomatoes, and a few of them were super dark red you couldn’t see the bacon. Talk about a surprise when you take a bite. Your like dam, was that bacon? Oh yeah! The bacon adds a little extra love to it, and you know everything tastes better with bacon. I also used some fresh basil from the garden and just a pinch of salt, pepper and olive oil. Super simple tasty salad that makes a perfect side dish or if your like me, you just want to eat the whole bowl.
- Serves: approx 4 cups
- Serving size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 133
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 7
- 1 lbs. tomatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small Haas Avocado, pitted, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 5 leaves basil, sliced small
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- Add all ingredients in a bowl, and gently toss until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Note: If not serving for awhile, add avocado just before serving.
I am loving summer produce. My herbs are doing great in the garden and I am patiently waiting for the tomatoes to ripen. Then I can have this salad all summer long.
Be sure to check out the 5 ingredients or less recipes from the #SundaySupper gang below.
Have a great Sunday!
- 2 Ingredient Orange Juice Frosty Drink by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Five Ingredient Sangria by Our Good Life
- Pina Colada Summer Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Appetizers and Snacks
- 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Crescent Jalapeno Poppers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crockpot Chicken Chili Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Peach Salsa by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Zucchini and Goat Cheese Roll Ups by Food Done Light
- Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers by Noshing with the Nolands
- Roasted Chili-Lime Peanuts by Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade by MealDiva
- Baked Fajita Chicken by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Crab Pasta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by Palatable Pastime
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Pancakes by Momma’s Meals
- Homemade Porcini Almond Pasta by The Joyful Foodie
- Abruzzo Style Cannellini Beans with Fennel & Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
- Nutella BLT Sandwich by Brunch with Joy
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Simple Brined Roast Chicken with Herbs and Garlic by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Simple Grilled Tilapia by Cooking Chat
- Simple Summer Shrimp and Asparagus by eating in instead
- Skirt Steak and Grilled Potatoes for a Crowd by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Slowcooker Ravioli Lasagne by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Brazilian Black Beans by Curious Cuisiniere
- Korean Seasoned Dried Squid (Ojingeochae muchim) by kimchi MOM
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sauerkraut and Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Lime Edamame by Magnolia Days
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipe for Perfection
- Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Drop Candy by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Churn Peach Frozen Yogurt by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fluffernutter Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Magic Pudding Dessert by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Rhubarb Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Creamy Coconut, Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Chip Popsicles by Simply Health Family
- Recipe Substitution Tips by Sunday Supper
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.