Today for #SundaySupper we are sharing with you recipes that are 5 ingredients or less, not including salt, pepper, oil or water. You have to love simple recipes that do not contain a lot of ingredients. Last weekend as you may have heard I went shopping at the Berkeley Bowl with my #SundaySupper pal Marlene, from Nosh my Way. When we were shopping I saw some beautiful heirloom tomatoes that I just had to buy. I had no idea what I was going to make with them, then the craving hit. I wanted a BLT sandwich, but I didn’t have any bread. That just makes me sad and frankly I am just to lazy to go to the store to buy a loaf of bread. So what does a girl do to kill those cravings? Improvise and make something even better! I saw those little tomatoes on my windowsill and started to chop away to make BLT style salad, but with a little bit more oomph. So today I am sharing with you my Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad.
The salad is light, full of flavor and creamy from the avocado. Since I used heirloom tomatoes, and a few of them were super dark red you couldn’t see the bacon. Talk about a surprise when you take a bite. Your like dam, was that bacon? Oh yeah! The bacon adds a little extra love to it, and you know everything tastes better with bacon. I also used some fresh basil from the garden and just a pinch of salt, pepper and olive oil. Super simple tasty salad that makes a perfect side dish or if your like me, you just want to eat the whole bowl.
- 1 lbs. tomatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small Haas Avocado, pitted, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 5 leaves basil, sliced small
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- Add all ingredients in a bowl, and gently toss until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Note: If not serving for awhile, add avocado just before serving.
I am loving summer produce. My herbs are doing great in the garden and I am patiently waiting for the tomatoes to ripen. Then I can have this salad all summer long.
Be sure to check out the 5 ingredients or less recipes from the #SundaySupper gang below.
Have a great Sunday!
- 2 Ingredient Orange Juice Frosty Drink by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Five Ingredient Sangria by Our Good Life
- Pina Colada Summer Smoothie by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
Appetizers and Snacks
- 5-Ingredient Creamy Avocado Dressing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Crescent Jalapeno Poppers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Crockpot Chicken Chili Dip by The Crumby Cupcake
- Gluten Free Peach Salsa by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Zucchini and Goat Cheese Roll Ups by Food Done Light
- Marinated Feta Tomato Skewers by Noshing with the Nolands
- Roasted Chili-Lime Peanuts by Casa de Crews
- Strawberry Coconut Soup with Mint by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- 3 Ingredient Steak Marinade by MealDiva
- Baked Fajita Chicken by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Crab Pasta by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Portobello Mushrooms by Palatable Pastime
- Healthy Chocolate Protein Pancakes by Momma’s Meals
- Homemade Porcini Almond Pasta by The Joyful Foodie
- Abruzzo Style Cannellini Beans with Fennel & Chicken by Delaware Girl Eats
- Nutella BLT Sandwich by Brunch with Joy
- Salmon in Puff Pastry by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Simple Brined Roast Chicken with Herbs and Garlic by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Simple Grilled Tilapia by Cooking Chat
- Simple Summer Shrimp and Asparagus by eating in instead
- Skirt Steak and Grilled Potatoes for a Crowd by Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken by Nosh My Way
- Slowcooker Ravioli Lasagne by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Brazilian Black Beans by Curious Cuisiniere
- Korean Seasoned Dried Squid (Ojingeochae muchim) by kimchi MOM
- Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sauerkraut and Apple Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Lime Edamame by Magnolia Days
- Southern Style Squash Casserole by Recipe for Perfection
- Tomato, Avocado and Bacon Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Apple Drop Candy by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Toffee Cookies by NinjaBaker.com
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Easy No Churn Peach Frozen Yogurt by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fluffernutter Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Magic Pudding Dessert by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- No-Churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Rhubarb Crumble by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Creamy Coconut, Roasted Strawberry Chocolate Chip Popsicles by Simply Health Family
- Recipe Substitution Tips by Sunday Supper
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.