Hi Everyone Happy Father’s Day!
Today for #SundaySupper we had to make a man recipe. Well when I think of a man recipe two things come to mind, bacon and beef. So I thought, hmmmm, add a little chipotle pepper to it and you will have the perfect manly meal, and oh a perfect meal for me too! he he So for today’s recipe I made Stuffed Chipotle Bacon Cheeseburgers! Oh my gosh, amazing!!
This is one out of the world burger. It is made with chipotle peppers, bacon and stuffed with cheddar cheese. My gosh a burger couldn’t get any better in my mind. After all we all know nothing is better than bacon! What’s to boot you have just enough bacon in the recipe to give it the perfect flavor, so it is not a lot of calories, plus if your like me top it with a little bacon too, why not? It’s Father’s Day, time to splurge! Oh and one of the best parts is my Chipotle Aioli Sauce. Its spicy, creamy, low-calorie and darn good! I use it all of the time!
Since I am talking about the Chipotle Aioli Sauce I should tell you it’s not just for burgers, but is great for dipping sweet potato fries, baked veggies, chips and even grilled chicken. It’s made with greek yogurt, lime juice, mayonnaise, cumin and of course finely chopped chipotle peppers. I LOVE this sauce! It has made an appearance on my blog several times over the past few years and I can guarantee you will see it again soon!
For the burgers, I used lean ground beef and mixed it with cooked bacon, ground pepper and chipotle peppers. Yes, this is kind of spicy burger. Hey, I like the heat. But you can tone it down with the peppers. Just use your best judgement. For an added boost of flavor and fun, I also stuffed the burgers with cheddar cheese. Cheese is wonderful and a little bit goes a long way in the recipe.
Making the burger is pretty easy too. Once I mixed everything together, I weighed my meat into 2oz size patties. I added a little bit of cheese to one patty and topped it with the other 2oz, to make a 1/4 pounder burger. I let it sit in the fridge for a few minutes and off to the grill it went. Cook each side for about 5 minutes and you have the ultimate Father’s Day burger!
- Serves: 4¼lbs. burgers
- Serving size: 1 burger
- 16 oz. ground beef (I used 96/4)
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely chopped (Use more to make hotter)
- 1 tbsp. chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 hamburger rolls
- Chipotle Aioli Sauce
- ½ cup greek yogurt, plain 0% fat
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 2 whole chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped fine
- 1 tsp chipotle in adobo sauce
- In a bowl, add ground beef, pepper, chipotle peppers, chipotle sauce and bacon. Mix with your hands until combined. Divide into 8 2oz size patties. Place about tablespoon of shredded cheese into the center of four patties. Place the remaining 4 patties over the of each patty and shape into a hamburger. Place onto a plate and press a thumb print into the patty. Place in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill over medium heat.
- While grill is heating up, make your chipolte Aioli Sauce. In a bowl, add greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, cumin, chipotle peppers and chipotle in adobo sauce. Mix until well combined. Taste it, if it's to hot, add more greek yogurt, if it's not hot enough add more chipotle pepper. The heat depends on your liking. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cook the burgers. Place burgers on the grill and cook each side for about 5 minutes for a medium cooked burger. Place the burger onto a hamburger bun and top with chipotle aioli sauce and add additional bacon if desired.
Calories per burger: 264, Fat: 12.8, Cholesterol: 85, Sodium: 354, Potassium: 13, Carbs: 3.3, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 1, Protein: 31
I know I am a woman after all, but to be honest these are my kind of meals! I love peppers and beef and well I have to say a hamburger is probably one of my favorite indulgences. I could probably live on burgers. Nothing like somethign stuffed between two pieces of bread! I wanted to let you know for the bun I used a gluten-free roll and oddly enough my family liked it! Score!
I want to wish all of you Dad’s out there Happy Father’s Day! I hope you have a relaxing day!!
Now be sure to check out the recipes from the #SundaySupper crew. I can’t wait! The recipes all sound so delicious!
Have a great Sunday!
- BBQ Chicken Nacho by Country Girl in The Kitchen
- Beer Battered Fried Mushrooms by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Burrata Bresaola and Arugula Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chipotle Pork Belly-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Beer-Battered Prawns with Spicy Marmalade by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Devils on Horseback by Nosh My Way
- Fried Pickles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Garlic and Herb Wine Jelly by What Smells So Good?
- Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings by Manu’s Menu
- Tomato Bacon Jam by Feed Me, Seymour
- Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Barbacoa by Casa de Crews
- Beef Short Rib Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Beer Brats with Pepper Relish by Jelly Toast
- Beer Can Chicken by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicago Style-Pizza by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chili Dog Casserole by Simple Gourmet
- Chipotle Pork Chops by girlichef
- Coconut & Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Colossal Burger by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Lemon Pepper Wings by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza by Peaceful Cooking
- Grilled Lobster with Miso Butter by Kimchi MOM
- Grilled Sweet Guava Chicken by The Foodie Army Wife
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza Pockets by gotta get baked
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole by Pescetarian Journal
- Lacquered Short Ribs in the Slow Cooker by Shockingly Delicious
- Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin by Flavor Mosaic
- Meatball Burger on Garlic Bread by Healthy.Delicious.
- Mom’s Slow Roasted Brisket by Food Lust People Love
- Perfectly Pan Seared Steak by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pollo al Peperoncino by Run DMT
- Polish Coal Miner Piggies (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls- Golabki) by Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Red Chile Shredded Chicken Tacos. How to win over your man’s stomach and steal his heart. by Simply Healthy Family
- Ropa Vieja by Meal Diva
- Salt of the Earth Ribs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salisbury Steak w/ Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoked Turkey Drumsticks by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Stuffed Chipotle Bacon Cheese Burgers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Stuffed Pork Chops by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Gut Buster Chili by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- The Cleveland Hogg Burger by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Beer Funnel Cake by Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Black Forest Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carob Chip Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Chunky Monkey Vegan Banana Bread by Ninjabaking.com
- Classic Cheesecake by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Fat Man’s Pie by Magnolia Days
- Mandarin orange cake aka southern pig pickin’ cake by Baking & Browning
- Pizookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Pound Cake Stacks with Roasted Strawberries by Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie With Mascarpone Cream by La Bella Vita Cucina
Wine Pairings for Man Food #SundaySupper byENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.