Today I am so excited to be posting my first #WeekdaySupper recipe, which is also hosted by American Family Insurance. As you know I am part of the #SundaySupper team, but what you may not know is that they also post recipes throughout the week. I never contributed until now, but I am very excited too! Today’s theme is quick and easy meals from the garden! Well you know I am all over that! I love fresh produce from the garden!
For my recipe I made Chopped Chicken Garden Salad with Spicy Avocado Dressing. Ahhhhhmazing!!! This salad tastes so good, it’s light enough not to feel weighed down, yet has enough protein and healthy fat to fill you up. I love these kind of salads. Just a perfect simple light meal that can be put together in a matter of minutes.
The salad is made with chicken, cucumbers, sweet bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots and scallions. Just plain and simply delicious! But the dressing on top kicks it up a notch or two. It’s made with avocado, jalapeno greek yogurt, milk, garlic, lime juice and cilantro. Oh my gosh, I could eat it with a spoon and well I pretty much did! I love the dressing and it is so thick and hearty, however if you like a thinner dressing you could always add more milk.
So Guys, I know I have said it before, but have you started a garden yet? If you follow me on Instagram you will see my garden is flourishing this year! I am growing tomatoes, bell peppers, banana peppers, spicy peppers, zucchini, cucumbers and some herbs. I love it! I highly recommend you give a garden a try. Not only do you have fresh produce that you grew yourself, but you get exercise, sunshine and it’s something you can be proud of! Plus you can share all of your freshly grown produce with friends, neighbors and family! It’s a win, win for everyone!
If you have children, get them involved in the garden! Have them pick a plant out that they like. Have them plant it, water it and care for it. Not only will you be teaching them how to garden, but you will be giving them memories to cherish for a lifetime. Plus it’s a great way to get them to eat their vegetables! Maybe my Mom should have done that with mushrooms. Still don’t care for them. lol
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: ¼ pf the recipe
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded
- 1 jalapeno, peeled, seeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 tbsp. greek yogurt, plain, non-fat
- ¼ cup non-fat milk
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup sweet bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- 16oz chicken, skinless, boneless, cooked, chopped
- In a blender add avocado, jalapeno, garlic lime juice, cilantro, greek yogurt and milk. Process until smooth. Add more milk to make it runnier. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Between four plates, evenly divided lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, carrots, scallions and chicken. Top with dressing.
Calories maybe less depending on how much dressing you use. The recipe makes 1½ cups. I had a lot left over.270, Fat: 9.7, Cholesterol: 65, Sodium: 119, Potassium: 1034, Carbs: 19, Fiber: 8, Sugar: 2.3, Protein: 32
I am happy to be a part of today’s #WeekdaySupper. I’ll be linking recipes for this upcoming weeks below, so be sure to stop by everyday to check out the new recipes.
I also highly recommend checking out the Food in your Garden #ChooseDreams Pinterest board to get more ideas on fresh, beautiful recipes from the garden. You can go here to check it out!!
You can also check out AM Fam Social Media Sites below:
Here is this weeks recipe lineup.
- Monday – Chopped Chicken Garden Salad with Spicy Avocado Dressing by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Tuesday – Lemon Herb Grilled Chicken Breasts by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Wednesday – Cheesy Chicken Bruschetta Bread Boats by Neighborfood
- Thursday – Garden Vegetable Tart by Daily Dish Recipes
- Friday – Bacon Chopped Salad with Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Have a wonderful day!
This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.