Today #SundaySupper teamed up with Gallo Family Vineyards to celebrate National Grilled Cheese Month! And boy do I have a treat in store for you!! Today’s recipe is something I have never created before and when I told people what I made, they looked at me like I was crazy and then I described it to them and showed them a picture and their mouths dropped. Let me tell you the word AMAZING doesn’t describe today’s recipe. It is outrageous, crazy and out of this world!! Here let me show you a picture.
I am so drooling just looking at the picture. This is my Berry Chocolate Panini Sandwich with Wine Reduction Sauce. This grilled cheese sandwich has everything!!! It’s sweet, savory and the melted chocolate with the Brie cheese is crazy good! Gallo Wine Reduction Sauce brings the sandwich up another level with hints of strawberries & vanilla and of course the fresh berries that bring it all together. Guys, I have truly never ever had a sandwich like this before. It is magnificent and honestly, I am so proud I came up with it!
The wine reduction sauce was made with Gallo Family Vineyards Cafe Zinfandel. The Cafe Zinfandel is a sweet, smooth, light wine with hints of strawberries, raspberries and watermelon flavors. We loved this wine and enjoyed having a glass of it with our sandwich! Gallo Family Vineyards Cafe Zinfandel was the inspiration for my recipe. When I saw that the Cafe Zinfandel had hints of strawberries and went well with chocolate and picnic food, this sandwich just popped in my head! I knew I had to take all of those things and make one heck of a grilled cheese sandwich!!
The first thing I did was make the wine reduction sauce by taking Gallo Family Vineyards Cafe Zinfandel and heated it in a pot with a dash of sugar and vanilla extract. I cooked it for about 25 minutes until it reduced to half. The reduction sauce didn’t turn out as thick as I wanted it to, but it still was amazing tasting. I had leftover sauce so I used it on my salad as a dressing and also drizzled some on my vanilla ice cream. The reduction sauce is so good, I swear I could have drank it!!
Then I took fresh strawberries, blueberries and raspberries and mashed it up and placed it on the bottom of my bread. I topped my berries with wine reduction sauce and shaved dark chocolate. Then I took one of my favorite cheeses, brie and placed it over top of the chocolate. The cheese added a little bit of a salty taste that complimented the chocolate perfectly. I love sweet and salty together. But don’t worry the saltiness of the cheese did not over take the sandwich. Really everything went so well together. I was pleasantry surprised.
Due to the fact that I made a fat sandwich I decided to cook it in a panini maker because I didn’t want to flip it. As you can see from the pictures the sandwich can be a tad messy. But trust me, you won’t lose one little bit of it. This sandwich is a total treat sandwich, and is wonderful to share with someone you love. Think of a romantic night with chocolate, cheese, fruit and wine. I know if I was served this sandwich I would ever be so grateful.
I have had so much fun creating this grilled cheese sandwich. It has everything I love all smushed together between bread. Sigh… So good!! I need to make this again!! I have to tell you I was so excited to write this post today that I smiled, giggled and laughed all the way through it! I think I kind of have a thing for wine, chocolate and cheese.
You can find Gallo Family Vineyards Wines here. You can also check out Gallo Family Vineyards website for their wine varieties and some great recipes.
I can’t wait to see what kind of creative grilled cheese sandwiches that the #SundaySupper Crew made. It’s going to be a good day and I can see a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner tonight! I can’t wait!!
Have a wonderful Sunday!
- Apple, Prosciutto and Gruyere Grilled Cheese by Hip Foodie Mom
- Berry Chocolate Panini Sandwich with Wine Reduction Sauce by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Brie, Ham, and Blackberry Grilled Cheese by Healthy. Delicious.
- Cafe Zinfandel Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese by In The Kitchen With KP
- Caramelized Onion, Mushroom & Arugula Grilled Cheese by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- French Onion Grilled Cheese by Family Foodie
- Funky Monkey Grilled Cheese Sammie by The Messy Baker
- Greek Salad Grilled Cheese by Ruffles & Truffles
- Grilled Cheese & Bison Sandwiches by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Goat Cheese w/ Tomatoes & Tarragon on Olive Bread by girlichef
- Grilled Mascarpone on Chocolate Cherry Bread with Blackberry Cabernet Compote by Desserts Required
- Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwich by Magnolia Days
- Honey Glazed Peach and Pork Tenderloin Grilled Cheese by Melanie Makes
- Kentucky Hot Brown Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mediterranean Grilled Cheese by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo Grilled Cheese by The Dinner-Mom
- Mushroom Duxelles & Asparagus Grilled Cheese by Foxes Love Lemons
- Parmesan Crusted Baked Grilled Cheese by Alida’s Kitchen
- Roast Beef Horseradish Arugula Grilled Cheese by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Red Pepper, Feta, and Olive Grilled Cheese by Neighborfood
If you would love to try some of our Sunday Supper Recipes and want to find a retailer carrying Gallo Family Wines near you, click here. You can also visit Gallo’s website or connect with via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or YouTube.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.