Today I am so excited because today I teamed up with Healthy Aperture and the Cherry Marketing Institute for an awesome giveaway and to celebrate one of my favorite little fruits, cherries! Yah!!! This is the perfect time to celebrate cherries because it is National Cherry Month!! So let’s get rolling to today’s recipe, which is Chicken and Sweet Potato Cherry Salad! Yummmmmmy!!!
My salad is made with roasted sweet potatoes, juicy chicken that was marinated in Tart Cherry Juice dressing, slivered almonds, goat cheese and my favorite part of the salad, dried tart cherries. Oh how I love those little tart cherries. I happened to pop a few in my mouth while putting my dinner together, he he This salad is the perfect balanced meal. It contains protein, carbs, fiber and healthy fats!! It’s great for dinner or even for lunch. I made sure I made extra so I could have it for lunch the next day. This salad is perfect warm or cold!
I made a delicious slightly tart, savory and a little sweet dressing for my salad. It’s made with tart cherry juice, red wine vinegar, stevia, garlic, mustard and olive oil. I made sure that I made enough dressing to marinate my chicken in it too. Let me tell you the dressing is fantastic, especially on the chicken. My chicken turned out so moist, juicy and tender. I normally love to grill my chicken, but being chilly out, I decided to bake it and baking it was the way to go!! I love when you cut a piece of chicken and the juice just flows out of it. That’s when you know you cooked it right! Oh yah!
Did you know that dried Tart Cherries are rich in vitamin A and did you know that Montmorency tart cherries contain anthocyanins, a flavonoid that contributes to the ruby-red color and distinguishing taste. I love the taste! They make for a great snack and because they contain phytonutrient compounds inside, which may help prevent disease and keep your body working properly. Now that’s a great reason to eat tart cherries!!! If you want to check out other cherry recipes, go to Choose Cherries.com They have some wonderful, unique recipes! I found quite a few I want to try!
- ⅔ cup tart cherry juice
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. garlic
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. stevia
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lbs. chicken, skinless, boneless
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 8 oz sweet potatoes (two medium potatoes), peeled, diced into bite size pieces
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 cups mixed greens
- ⅓ cup dried tart cherries
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, roasted
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- Make Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- In a measuring cup, add tart cherry juice, mustard, garlic, red wine vinegar, stevia and fresh thyme; whisk together until combined. While whisking add olive oil. Makes 1 cup.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray, add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour ¼ cup of dressing over the chicken and let it marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Reserve the remaining dressing for topping on the salad.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil sprayed with cooking spray or you can use parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl add sweet potatoes; drizzle olive oil over potatoes and sprinkle with salt & pepper; mix together. Spread potatoes on prepared baking sheet. Place in oven for 15 minutes; flip and cook potatoes another 10 - 15 minutes until fork tender.
- When you add the potatoes in the oven, add the chicken and bake the chicken for 30 to 35 minutes until no longer pink. Let chicken cool for a couple of minutes, then slices into bite size pieces.
- Evenly divide between 4 plates; add mixed greens, sweet potatoes, chicken, slivered almonds, dried cherries and goat cheese. Serve with remaining cherry balsamic vinaigrette.
I am so excited for this giveaway!! The Cherry Marketing Institute is offering an amazing Giveaway for one lucky winner, including a year’s supply of tart cherries, a KitchenAid 7-Quart Mixer, Le Creuset 4.5- Quart Dutch Oven and an Anthropolgie Apron. Awesome! I want to win this!!!
Ohhh, so excited for the giveaway!! Just enter below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Have a cherryrific day!
“Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the National Cherry Month #GoTart Campaign as a member
of the Healthy Aperture Blogger Network. I received free samples of tart cherries mentioned in this post
from the Cherry Marketing Institute. I was compensated for my time. Opinions expressed are my own.”