Hey, hey, hey!
Hi Everyone!!! I am back today with another green monster smoothie that will give you so much energy and make you feel amazing!!!! Today I am sharing with you my Tropical Green Monster Debloating Smoothie. Yes, I have to share another debloating smoothie because this past weekend I was BAD!!!! BAD, BAD, BAD!! I ate this on Friday night and wow did my stomach not like it! I think regular ice cream maybe a thing of the past for me! Said, but true! So to help with my bloated stomach I had to make a smoothie that would help me! And boy did it help, not only did my bloating go down, I got so much energy that I ran all over the place! No napping for me!
This smoothie is creamy smooth, super sweet, light, contains natural sugar and has the most wonderful tropical flavor. It’s for sure to put a smile on your face and make you feel good from the inside out! I made this smoothie and gave my Husband a taste, and he said it’s good! I said do you want it? He said yah, didn’t you make it for me? I said of course dear! But really I didn’t, so I had to make another one for myself.
The smoothie is made with a few ingredients, papaya, mango, oranges, spinach, non-fat greek yogurt, coconut milk and flax seed. The SUPERFOOD Combo!!!
I placed all of my ingredients in my blender and within 30 seconds it was perfect!! I finally broke down and got a Vitamix. They had a demo at Costco and after she made ice cream and smoothies, I had to buy it. It was the cheapest price around. My Husband was a little shocked at how much a blender was, but I paid $150 for my Ninja that lasted a year and the Vitamix was double that and I better have it for at least 10 years. At least I have a 7 year warranty. I am looking forward to making soup in it! he he Have you ever made soup in a Vitamix?
So what makes this smoothie debloating? I broke down the benefits of each ingredient for you.
- Papaya – Contains vitamin C to help fight off colds, Contains vitamin E and beta carotenes that are good at reducing inflammation. Contains Papain, which breaks down proteins in food, allowing for better digestion and prevents bloat and chronic indigestion. It also prevent premature aging, lowers cholesterol and can help prevent heart attacks. See why it’s a SUPERFOOD!
- Mangoes – It contains, vitamin A, vitamin C, dietary fiber and antioxidant compound. It helps treat acidity and poor digestion because of an enzyme found in the fruit which soothes the stomach. It helps protect against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers. It clears clogged pores and eliminate pimples (yah!). It helps normalize insulin levels in the blood to prevent against diabetes. Like a papaya it also contains Papin which contain enzymes for breaking down protein and help with bloat and digestion.
- Oranges – rich in citrus limonoids, proven to help fight a number of varieties of cancer including that of the skin, lung, breast, stomach and colon. Contains soluble fiber which helps lower cholesterol. Contains potassium, an electrolyte mineral that is responsible for helping the heart function well. Regulates high blood pressure. Contains alkaline minerals that help to balance out the body after they are digested like in lemons. Of course it is loaded with vitamins C which helps fight against colds.
- Spinach – Provides fiber intake can help prevent and combat bloating, plus it helps you get clearer skin, improved immune system and more.
- Coconut Milk – it’s a natural diuretic, provides potassium and electrolytes, plus it tastes good.
- Greek Yogurt – It’s loaded with protein, calcium, it contains Probiotics which improve your digestive health and keep the bacteria in your gut healthy, they can also boost your immune system and keep you well.
- Flax Seed – Each tablespoon of whole flax contains about 8 grams of fiber which helps you stay regular. It contains omega-3’s fatty acids. Flax seed is high in phytochemicals, including many antioxidants. It is perhaps our best source of lignans, which convert in our intestines to substances that tend to balance female hormones and it also helps fight against breast cancer. Be sure to store you Flax Seed in the refrigerator or freezer.
A creamy, thick, healthy, naturally sweet smoothie made with tropical fruit and greek yogurt, that will help flatten your belly.
- 1 cup papaya, diced
- 1/2 cup mango, frozen, diced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, unsweetened from carton
- 5.3 oz greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tbsp. flax seed ground or whole
- 1 cup spinach
- Add all of your ingredients into a blender and process until smooth.
Calories: 263, Fat: 4.1, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 70, Carbs: 42, Fiber: 6.3, Sugar: 32, Protein: 19
One last thing I need to tell you about this smoothie, you DO NOT taste the spinach. Remember when I made my last green smoothie? My Husband thought they were pistachios in it. He had no clue it was spinach and that’s saying something. So whip out your blenders today and make a smoothie for breakfast. I have had a smoothie every morning for over a week and I feel great and to boot it fills me up!! Plus smoothies make me smile!
Have a super wonderful Smoothie Monday!