How are you on this lovely Saturday? Normally I would share with you this weeks weekly recap, but instead I have something really yummy, healthy and nutritious to share with you. I made black bean brownies again, but I changed up my original recipe and made them even more chocolaty, and more moist then ever!!! Let me introduce to you my newest brownie, the Chocolate Zucchini Beanie Brownie.
Oh my gosh are these brownies moist with no trace of beans at all!!! These are by far the best black bean brownies I have made. I think they are so moist, almost fudge like because I added a shredded zucchini in them. Not only are they delicious they are filled with fiber, gluten-free and super-duper easy to make!! They are the kind of brownies that goes great with a glass of milk!!
One of the things I like about these brownies is the top of them. Normally black bean brownies have a matte looking top, but not these ones. I tried to get a close up for you, but the photo isn’t great, but you will see they have a nice sheen to them. Kind of weird describing a brownie at matte and sheen, but it is what it is.
To make, I just add all of my ingredients, except for the chocolate chips and zucchini into a blender and process until smooth. Mixed in the zucchini and chocolate chips and bake for 30 minutes. They turned out to perfection. Just be sure to spray your baking pan or they will stick!!
My Husband took the brownies to work and he liked them, but wasn’t sure about them. He said they were different. I just told him it was the zucchini that I added to them. He still has no clue that they are made with black beans. lol When I posted my first black bean brownie recipe, I was with Jenny in the car and told her to read the post. First I will tell you she loved the brownies. Then when she read it, she was cracking up, she couldn’t believe they were made with black beans. I’m telling you, if no one sees you make them, no one will know they are black beans. Really, give them a try and see what you think!
- Serves: 16 Bars
- Serving size: 1 Bar
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup egg substitute or 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or canola oil
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I used mini chocolate chips)
- 1 cup zucchini, grated and patted dry
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray an 8 x 8 brownie pan with cooking spray; set a side.
- In a food process or blender add all the ingredients, except chocolate chips and zucchini. Process until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and zucchini
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, insert a toothpick, if it comes out clean, brownies are done.
- Leave in pan to cool before cutting.
Well my Friends, I have one more post to write before my fun food weekend. Be sure to check me out on Instagram to see where I am and what I am eating and probably shouldn’t be eating!
Have a super fab weekend!