Today is another edition of the Secret Recipe Club and today I was assigned Family, Food and Fun’s blog. Rebekah is the person behind Family, Food and Fun blog. She has 5 kids that must keep her extremely busy yet can find time to keep up on her beautiful blog. Rebekah’s blog has the most wonderful dishes and gorgeous cakes. I swear if I was a cake maker, I would so have made her Strawberry Dream Cake, but if I made it, I probably would have eaten the whole thing!!! She also has lots of peanut butter and cookie dough recipes which I just love like her Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Squares and Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, yum! But I stayed away from all of the desserts and went for her Lemon Pepper Salmon.
I guess you can tell from the picture I didn’t use salmon but used Cod instead. I recently started to eat fish and the only kind I have had has been salmon and tilapia, so I ventured out and tried cod-fish. I had to ask my Husband, you know the fisherman who doesn’t eat fish, what cod-fish was. He told me it was the fish he caught in the ocean that everyone from my work loved. He told me it wasn’t a fishy fish. I said good, I’m in! So I bought 3 oz of it from the butcher at Whole Foods. Is the person who works at the seafood counter a butcher? Anyway I got my fish, just for me and brought it home. I couldn’t wait to try it, and I thought that Family, Food and Fun’s recipe for Lemon Pepper Salmon would be perfect for trying as cod-fish.
I was right! Rebekah’s recipe was perfect. The fish was so tender and the flavor of the lemon pepper and the soy and butter made the fish taste amazing. For lemon pepper, I used Trader Joe’s lemon pepper grinder and that stuff is the bomb! I love it on chicken too, but with fish, it was so amazing!!!
The key to cooking fish is cooking it for 10 minutes per 1″ tick of fish. My fish was about 1″, so 10 minutes was perfect. It was light, flaky and didn’t taste fishy at all. I seasoned the fish and placed it in an aluminum packet and popped it on the grill. No matter what kind of fish you have, I don’t like to cook it in the house because I have fear that my house will smell like fish, yuck!!!
- Serves: 4 - 3 oz servings
- Serving size: 3oz
- 12oz cod fish or salmon, thawed
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 2 T. soy sauce (low sodium is fine)
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Create a foil packet by taking a piece of aluminum foil, fold it into a square, spray with cooking spray. Add the fish.
- In a small bowl, add butter and soy sauce, mix until combined. Brush onto the fish and then add your lemon pepper seasoning on to each side of the fish.
- Take another piece of aluminium foil and fold it over the fish, leaving a little bit of room for the fish to breath.
- Place on grill over medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes, until the fish flakes with a fork. Cooking time is about 10 minutes per inch of thickness of the fish.
I really enjoyed Rebekah’s blog Family, Food and Fun’s blog. You should check it out, especially if you need to make cupcakes or a cake. Here recipes look to die for!!! I’m not kidding about that!!
Make sure you check out everyone’s recipe.
Have a great week! Only two more days till vacation!!