How are you on this lovely Monday? Not to rub it in, but I have off today! he he I just got back yesterday from my trip from Vegas and since we drove, I am sure we will be in pretty late, so I took the day off to recoup. I’ll fill you in on Vegas later this week, since I can’t tell you about the trip since I am writing this in advance. But right now it’s another edition of the Secret Recipe Club! Today I was assigned the blog Flavors of Four. I love this blog! So many wonderful recipes. I couldn’t decide between the Greek Panzanella Salad, Apple Broccoli Salad or the Peanut Butter Cup Brownie Trifle. However I ended up choosing the Slow Cooker Pulled Buffalo Chicken.
You know I heart anything that contains hot sauce and when I looked in the fridge I saw a big bottle of Franks Hot Sauce and chicken! I threw together this recipe just before I went to work. I came home and my house smelled of Hot Sauce. I loved it and I loved these burgers.
Now this recipe isn’t for someone who is watching their salt in take because it is extremely high in sodium. I normally watch my sodium, but I have been good and I was in need of this wonderful burger!! It’s probably been a whole week since I have had anything hot sauce related. That’s a long time you know!!! I did change-up this recipe just a tad bit. I threw in some green bell peppers, and lots more hot sauce and ranch seasoning. The chicken was tender, spicy and the ranch seasoning was simply perfect in it. It added a nice touch to the chicken. I am glad that Flavors of Four had that idea. Did you know that Flavors of Four is a Mother Daughter blog? How sweet is that? I need to get my Mom to start writing some posts. Hey Mom, up for some baking and writing?
I topped my burger with some fat-free jalapeno cheese and some homemade ranch dressing, which is basically ranch seasoning mixed in with some greek yogurt! Yum! I also made dressing so I could dip some veggies in it during my snack time. Do note though, that fat-free cheese doesn’t melt great, but it still was soft and the flavor made the burger all that more great!
Let me tell you if you’re a Buffalo Chicken fan this is the burger for you! It’s spicy, tender, the peppers and onions add an additional touch of flavor and topping it with Jalapeno Cheese and ranch dressing. Oh baby! This is what it was like when I lived in Buffalo, NY! Oh how I miss the food there! Nothing like the food in Buffalo! That would be one good reason to go there and visit!!
A spicy, tender shredded chicken slow cooked in hot sauce and ranch seasoning, topped with jalapeno cheese and served on a hamburger roll.
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded, sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken, skinless boneless
- 2 cups Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch seasoning (mix only)
- 4 oz jalapeno cheese, fat free, shredded
- 6 whole wheat hamburger rolls (I used Alvarado Street 140 calories)
- In a Crockpot, add onions, bell pepper and chicken. Add 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning. Add hot sauce and two tablespoons of ranch seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- About an hour before the chicken is done, with two forks shred the chicken and mix in the sauce. Cook for one more hour.
- On a baking sheet, add parchment paper and separate the rolls, and place rolls on sheet. Place 4 oz of chicken onto the bottom of each roll, top the chicken with 1/2 oz of cheese. Place in the broiler and cook for about 1 minute or until cheese has melted and rolls are lightly golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories per burger including cheese and bun: 303, Fat: 3, Cholesterol: 65, Sodium: 3747, Potassium: 74.5, Carbs: 31, Fiber: 3.7, Sugar: 5.4, Protein: 38.8
If you have leftover chicken, like I did, it makes great for a panini sandwich, on salad or even a topping for pizza! I made a Buffalo Chicken Wrap with mine. I should have taken a picture of it! I am so glad I was assigned Flavors by Fours blog! Wonderful recipes and sweet girls. Stop by and check out all of their fabulously, looking recipes. Oh and be sure to check out the other members of the Secret Recipe Club.
Have a wonderful week!