Happy Sunday to you!! Today for #SundaySupper we had to make a dish that was free of everything! Meaning it should or could be gluten-free, vegetarian, sugar-free ect… So today I thought I would share with you a simple, refreshing summer soup that fits all categories and that is perfect to accompany any meal!
This is my Cantaloupe Strawberry and Coconut Gazpacho. I decided on this recipe because I got two little cantaloupes in my CSA box last week, and they were standing on their last legs. I knew I needed to make something with them and fast! I wasn’t sure exactly what I was going to do with them, but I thought originally making a cantaloupe soda, so I processed my cantaloupe in the blender and it turned into a wonderful thick liquid in a matter of seconds. This was one sweet and fresh cantaloupe. I took a sip and thought, hmmmmm I bet strawberries would be good in here. In went the strawberries. Once I took one more taste, I thought that this is so thick it would make a wonderful summer soup. So the idea of gazpacho was born.
Since my Husband doesn’t like seeds from strawberries, I decided to strain the seeds from the fruit. It made it all that much creamier, but the only thing about doing this, is I lost about 1/2 cup of my mixture. To make up the difference for lost fruit, I added some coconut milk to it, which made it creamier and while I was at it, I added a pinch of coconut extract. Amazing! I would have never of thought of coconut and cantaloupe together, but it is pretty darn good!
This little soup is perfect for a hot summers day, plus it makes for great use of melon that needs to be used. Not only is this dish healthy, full of vitamins and nutrients, but it is also gluten-free, vegan and sugar-free! The only sugar in this dish is the natural sugar from the fruit! So grab a spoon and enjoy!!
- 4 cups cantaloupe, roughly chopped
- 2 cups strawberries, stem removed, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. stevia or sugar to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk, unsweetened (from a carton)
- ¼ tsp. coconut extract
- In a blender add cantaloupe and strawberries. Process until smooth. Add stevia or sugar to taste. Place a fine mesh sieve or line a bowl with cheesecloth and pour the fruit into sieve. With a back of a spoon, push the fruit through. You want to get rid of the seeds and pulp.
- Discard the pulp and seeds and place your mixture in a bowl. Stir in coconut milk. Taste one more time to see if additional sugar is needed.
- Refrigerate until cold, serve within one day. You can freeze it make like a smoothie,if your not going to use right away.
I just love summer produce! Nothing beats it!!! Now be sure to check out what the others brought to the table for #SundaySupper.
Have a great rest of the weekend!
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut & Soy Free Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding by girlichef
- Dairy & Nut and Sugar Free Blueberry Tangerine Muffins by Vintage Kitchen
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut, and Soy Free Homemade Mango Jam Recipe by Masala Herb
- Gluten Free Nothing Missing Manicotti by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Meatballs over Courgette Noodles by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gluten Free Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Balsamic Portobello Burgers by Curious Cuisinere
- Dairy & Egg Free Raw Pasta with Tomato and Basil Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Nut Free Mushroom Risotto Bake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Mac and “Cheese” by Webicurean
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Creamy Mushrooms on Pasta by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Persian Cucumber Yoghurt by Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten Free Quinoa with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
- Dairy Free Farro and Fruit Salad by Magnolia Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Dairy Free Fattoush Salad by From the Bookshelf
- Gluten Free Chickpea Fritters by The Lovely Pantry
- Dairy, Egg, and Gluten Free Black Bean and Mango Salad by Soni’s Food
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, and Nut Free Grilled Fennel Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Dairy & Gluten Free French Bread by Blueberries and Blessings
- Dairy & Gluten Free Crunchy Almond Sesame Crackers by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Dairy & Gluten Free Individual Chocolate Pavlova by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
- Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Gluten Free Ghoriba by Maroc Mama
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nut Free Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato by Growing Up Gabel
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Sugar Free Cantaloupe Strawberry Coconut Gazpacho by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Meringue Kisses with Dulce de Lece by Basic N Delicious
- Dairy & Egg Free Vegan Everyday Chocolate Loaf by Gotta Get Baked
- Gluten, Dairy, and Nut Free Coconut Macaroons by Happy Baking Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Soy Free Tastes like Chocolate Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Bread Pudding by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Gluten Free Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Mousse & Cookies by Ninja Baking
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdooles by Pies and Plots
- Dairy, Egg & Soy Free Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemonade Dip by The Messy Baker
- Gluten & Dairy Free Honey Bear Smoothies by Neighborfood
- Sugar Free Strawberry Meyer Lemonade by The Weekend Gourmet
Be sure to come back on Sunday for all the amazing “Free For All” recipes! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat party starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to see you to join all you need to do is follow[ the #SundaySupper hashtag and please do not forget to include the hashtag in your tweets as well. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.