Yah, yah! Today’s recipe should go with my Cinco de Mayo week, but in my opinion I could soooooooo eat Mexican everyday, and honestly I don’t think I need a reason to bring on another Mexican dish. However my Husband may beg to differ. I can’t help it, I just love all of the southwest flavors, they go so well together. Plus if I have to give an excuse as to why another Mexican dish, I will tell you I had leftover ingredients, and I didn’t want to waste them, and besides this salad is so good I had to share it with you, so there!
This is one of those quick and easy meals to, which is so perfect for a week night dinner. I just marinated my shrimp in the morning and when I cam home, I popped it on the grill for about 4 minutes and my dinner was done, simple, tasty and easy. How can you not love that? The flavor of the shrimp was simply amazing, I used my McCormick Garlic Lime seasoning packet. It’s the same one I used to make Chicken Fajitas a few months back. My family and I just love the seasonings mix. It’s also nice to have all pre-measured out for you too!
For the salad portion I used lettuce, tomato, cilantro avocado and Cojita Mexican Cheese. Yum! For the dressing I kind of copied the seasoning on the shrimp and made a Lime Cilantro dressing to go on top. I somehow forgot take a picture of the dressing. I was kind of in a rush to make dinner. You have to rush sometimes when you have a man who can be like Fred Flintstone and ask where is dinner or worse yet, are you almost done taking pictures? lol He’s gotten better at that! I laugh to myself, when I say dinner is done, and he doesn’t come in the kitchen and I ask aren’t you coming? He said aren’t you taking pictures? I’m like nope, come eat, yippie! I hot meal! So sad when my dinners aren’t warm? There are some nights I have to reheat for a few seconds in the microwave. Speaking of my Husband and Fred Flintstone, here is his dinner plate. Take in mind this salad is supposed to be for four, not two!
My dinner plate of course is how it should be. Four ounces of shrimp and the rest veggies!! I did heat up some tortillas on the grill to serve with the salad. I wrapped some of my salad in the tortillas, and dipped the other one in the dressing. So good! I’m telling you, I’m writing this post late at night and now all I’m thinking about is warming a taco shell and dipping it into salsa, but I must control myself, because after I write this, I’m going to bed!
- 1 lbs Wild Blue Shrimp, uncooked
- 1 packet of McCormick Garlic and Lime Seasonings
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 cups lettuce, shredded
- 4 small tomatoes, diced
- ½ avocado, seeded diced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 oz Cojita Cheese
- Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ tsp mince garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mix lime juice, orange juice, olive oil and all of the spices in a small bowl. Place shrimp in a large resealable bag, and pour in the marinade; turn to coat, well. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor. I marinated mine for 8 hours.
- To make the dressing, add lime juice, orange juice, garlic, salt, pepper in a bowl and mix until incorporated. Stir in cilantro and whisk in olive oil. Put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, while the grill is heating up, you can make the salad. Evenly divided lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado onto four plates; set a side.
- To make the shrimp: you can skew the shrimp on a skewer or just place them on the grill. Cook until no longer pink, about 2 minutes per side.
- Top 4 oz of shrimp onto prepared salad plates and top with cilantro, cheese and dressing.
- Optional; you can serve with tortillas on the side. If using tortillas you can lightly heat them on the grill; about 30 seconds per side.
Well my Friends, I hope you don’t mind another Mexican dish. Sorry, I just can’t help it! I simply love Mexican food! Hmm, maybe I should go to Mexico for vacation and get real authentic Mexican food! That would be an awesome vacation!! Time to day dream!
Have a wonderful, dreamy day!