Hey, hey hey!!!
Happy Monday to you! I am writing this post wayyyyyyyyyy in advance because I got my dates messed up for my Secret Recipe Club reveal day, it’s a good thing I’m early and not late! 🙂 I have to tell you I’m pretty excited for today’s recipe. It’s so cute, so tasty and a big hit with the family!!
I was a signed Cheese Curd in Paradise blog and what a wonderful blog it is. There were so many recipes I wanted to try like the Mexican Sour Cream Rice, Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Potatoes and Peanut Butter Cup Blondies and still might, but my heart went out to these little Pizza Muffins. These muffins amazed me! They are so easy to make and really did taste like mini pizza’s. How cool is that?
That’s not my beer, but it’s my Husbands. He enjoyed chomping on these after a long day of work and drinking a cold one. He loved these muffins and asked if I would make them again! The recipe is so adaptable I can see adding some onions and peppers in them, he he! Then I can make them veggies style. But I must admit, I haven’t had pepperoni in a long time and they were really good in these muffins. Yum!
- Serves: 24 Mini Muffins
- Serving size: 1 Muffin
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup non-fat milk
- ¼ cup egg substitute or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella cheese, lite
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 oz. pepperoni (6 slices, cut into small pieces)
- ½ cup store-bought pizza sauce (optional for dipping)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using).
- Whisk in the milk and egg.
- Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups.
- Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through
You should really check out Cheese Curd in Paradise Blog, Ashley has a wonderful blog! Plus check out what other memebers of the Secret Recipe Club made this month.
Enjoy your day!