I have a secret! Woman, come closer, read this and be sure to hide this because I’m going to let the cat out of the bag! This could be the answers to all your problems. First you must answer this; do you wish your Husband would do the dishes? Maybe do some laundry? How about not be upset with you because you bought an expensive dress? Or maybe you forgot to pay the utility bill? I know you know what I am talking about. Here is the answer to all of your problems.
Yes Steak! A big 1 pound ribeye steak! This solved so many issues! I got my Husband to do work in my kitchen and I need more, so guess what I’ll be making again? Steak!!! One thing that puts the biggest smile on my Husbands face is a steak served with mashed potatoes!! This is the secret weapon to solve all household problems!! But it’s just not steak, it’s a fantastic, wonderful, delicious marinade that made an ordinary steak, spectacular!! This is Liz’s, from That Skinny Chick Can Bake Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinade. This is one of the easiest marinades I have ever made and it made the steak so tender that it melted like butter in your mouth.
This week it is the Sunday Suppers one year birthday and as a celebration we had to make a recipe from one of the participating members. I chose Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake because she makes the most delicious looking dishes, I am not kidding about that! Now after having this steak, I was for sure sold!! My Husband was soooooooo happy!! I’m not kidding!! He didn’t even want to share the steak with me!! But he did! 🙂
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 4 oz.
- 1 lbs Ribeye Steak
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup red wine
- Mix orange juice, soy and red wine in a zip lock bag. Place steak into marinade. Seal bag and marinate overnight or at least 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Turn grill to high heat, place the ribeye steaks on the hottest part of the grill. At this point, you are going to see a flare up. This is where the fat is dripping onto the fire. If the flame doesn't go away in a few seconds, simply use your tongs to slide the steaks away from the open flame until the flame dies down and then move then back over the heat.
- Continue to grill with the lid open for about 4 – 6 minutes.
- Flip the steaks over onto the other side, still over the hottest part of the grill and grill an additional 4 – 6 minutes, for a medium-rare delicious steak.
- Remove the steaks from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving. The resting period is important so that the juices don’t run out when you cut into the steak.
- Marinade Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Even though it maybe snowing, raining or just plain cold out, I see no reason not to grill this time of the year! Being from Buffalo, we used to move the grill in front of the garage door and grill all year round!! So get your grill on and marinate some steak, chicken or pork with Liz’s Soy, Orange and Red Wine Marinade and don’t forget it’s the weekend, so it’s ok to have a glass of red wine while your grilling! 😉
Have a great day and be sure to check out everyone’s recipes from the #SundaySupper!
Sunday Supper Appetizers:
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks inspired by Comfy Cuisine
- So Simple Pizza Puffs by The Weekend Gourmet inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
- Pepperoni and Mozzarella Pull Apart by Noshing With The Nolands inspired by In the Kitchen with KP
Sunday Supper Soups and Breads:
- Lasagna Soup by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Easy Italian Wedding Soup by Webicurean inspired by Family Foodie
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Soup by Damn Delicious inspired by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Chicken Noodle Soup by Big Bears Wife inspired by My Catholic Kitchen
- Tomato Florentine Soup by Mama Mommy Mom inspired by The Meltaways
- Chicken Soup with Dumplings by Comfy Cuisine inspired by The Messy Baker
- Coconut Curry Chicken Soup by My Trials in the Kitchen inspired by Damn Delicious
Sunday Supper Main Dishes:
- Portuguese Mussels and Shrimp in Chorizo Sauce by Supper for a Steal inspired by Family Foodie
- (GlutenFree) Chicken Bruschetta by The Meltaways inspired by Family Foodie
- Feijoada Portuguese Bean Stew by Kimchi Mom inspired by Family Foodie
- Lentils and Chorizo Stew by Galactosemia in PDX inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Carnitas Pizza w/ Chipotle-Avocado Crema by girlichef inspired by Damn Delicious
- Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas by Country Girl in the Village inspired by Webicurean
- Drunken Meatballs by Small Wallet Big Appetite inspired by The Foodie Army Wife
- Goat Cheese Rigatoni Alfredo by Magnolia Days inspired by Family Foodie
- Beef Stroganoff by What Smells So Good? inspired by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Dorie’s Chicken-in-the-Pot by Hip Foodie Mom inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Pulled Pickled Pork by Juanita’s Cocina inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Hoisin Asian Meatballs by Gotta Get Baked inspired by Damn Delicious
- Shrimp-Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes by Daily Dish Recipes inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinade by Peanut Butter and Peppers inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Burger with Curried Cabbage Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings inspired by Soni’s Food
- Corn and Basil Handpies by Curious Cuisiniere inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lightened Up Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken by Cupcakes and Kale Chips inspired by The Meltaways
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Chili by Food Lust People inspired by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bigos by Maroc Mama inspired by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Sweet Chili Sauce by From Fast Food to Fresh Food inspired byCrispy Bits and Burnt Ends
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Sweet & Tender Brisket by Daddy Knows Less inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Fish Tacos by Cookistry inspired by Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Homemade Harissa by Masala Herb inspired by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spicy Seoulful Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Family Foodie inspired by Kimchi Mom
- New Orleans Style White Beans & Rice by Catholic Foodie inspired by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
- Spice Rubbed Chicken Tacos with Tropical Salsa by The Urban Mrs. inspired by Family Foodie
- Mac n Cheese Cups with Pork Shoulder Ragu by Crispy Pieces and Burnt Ends inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
Sunday Supper Veggies:
- Carrots au Gratin by Shockingly Delicious inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame, Cilantro & Bacon Bits by The Lovely Pantry inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Carrot Parsnip Lentil Casserole by Sustainable Dad inspired by Happy Baking Days
SundaySupper Desserts and Snacks:
- Chocolate Brownie Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake inspired by Magnolia Days
- Mexican Hot Cocoa Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cinnamon Apple Chimichangas by La Cocina de Leslie inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Apple Pull Apart Bread with Caramel Drizzle by Cravings of a Lunatic inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Cherry Tart by Happy Baking Days inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Orange Rolls by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Caramel Apple Bread by The Foodie Army Wife inspired by Fam Friends Food
- Rosettes by Simply Gourmet inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Donut Puffs by Soni’s Food inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cut-out Cookies by Basic and Delicious inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Nutella Shortbread Bars by Kelly Bakes inspired by Baker Street
- Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen inspired by Dinner Dishes and Desserts
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream by The Messy Baker Blog inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Coconut Cranberry Honey Nut Cookies by Mama’s Blissful Bites inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Angel Cake Sandwiches by Ninja Baker inspired by That Skinny Girl Can Bake
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by Vintage Kitchen inspired by girlichef
- Sweet N Spicy Roasted Spiced Nuts by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz inspired by The Foodie Army Wife
- Spiced Pumpkin Ricotta Oat Muffins by In the Kitchen with Audrey inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Budget Friendly Breakfast Freezable Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches by In the Kitchen with KPinspired by Big Bear’s Wife
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen inspired by Momma’s Meals
Sunday Supper Wine Pairings by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.