Well, I think I finally got my Christmas shopping done! Woohoo!! I just need to make a list to make sure no on has been forgotten!! I love the feeling of accomplishment I get when I finish my Christmas shopping. Now I can sit back and enjoy the rest of the holiday season without any pressure. I even got half of them wrapped! Yah!!!
Today I have another quick bread for you. I know I post a lot of breads, but I simply love them and they are so easy to make!! Today’s bread is my Blueberry Muffin Bread. I will tell you I couldn’t get any closer to a blueberry muffin if I tried. The topping has the most delicious crumble, which melted right into the bread, so every bite you get that sweet tasty flavor of sugar and butter that seems so magical!!
The bread is made with Chobani Blueberry Greek Yogurt and Chobani plain yogurt. I would of used two containers of blueberry flavored greek yogurt but I only had the one left. Out of all the Chobani’s greek yogurts the blueberry is my favorite. I could eat a huge tub of it in one sitting. The muffin is also full of fresh blueberries that pop in your mouth. To add a little extra moister to the bread I added a tablespoon of coconut oil. Between the oil and the greek yogurt this bread is very moist. It just melts in your mouth!
I debated about making muffins instead, but I have a secret love for bread. Show me a loaf and I’m pretty happy!! For the sweetness of the bread I used NuNaturals Tagatose, which is sugar-free, however I know not everyone has it so I also gave you the nutritional stats with using granulated sugar.
A sweet and moist quick bread made with fresh blueberries and a sugar crumble topping.
- 6 oz. Chobani Blueberry Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt or use blueberry yogurt
- 1/4 cup Tagatose or 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp. milk, non-fat
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (melted) or canola oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- Crumble Topping:
- 1/4 c. Tagatose or sugar
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tbsp. butter, at room temperature (I used Brummel and Brown)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 9- x 5-inch loaf pan or 3 mini loafs with cooking spray; set a side.
- In a medium bowl, mix yogurts and sugar; until combined. Add egg whites, milk, coconut oil and vanilla extract mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl add flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and slowly incorporate the yogurt mixture, be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in blueberries
- Spoon batter into prepared bread pans.
- For crumble topping:
- In a small bowl, add sugar, flour and butter; mix with your hand until crumbly. Evenly sprinkle over bread.
- Bake for 40 - 50 minutes for 1 large loaf or 30 – 35 minutes for 3 mini loafs, or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
Calories per slice with NuNaturals: 92.2, Fat: 1.4, Sodium: 209, Potassium: 41.8, Carbs: 19, Fiber: 1.1, Sugar: 2.5, Protein: 4.2
Calories per slice with granulated sugar: 108, Fat: 1.4, Sodium: 209, Potassium: 41.8, Carbs: 20, Fiber: 1.1, Sugar: 9.1, Protein: 4.2
Well my Friends, time to get rolling on some dinner making!!! Now to figure out what to make.
Have a great day and enjoy your weekend!