Today is my birthday! Normally I would do a post showing some form of a birthday cake, but instead today I am sharing with you a healthy snack for kids of all ages. Our mission for #SundaySupper is to save summer! I will do my best to save summer, so I thought what is one of my favorite summertime food that I would love to eat all year? My first thought was strawberries, but then I thought hmmmmm…. blueberries. So with blueberries on the brain, I decided to make Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries. Yummers! The perfect after school or work treat.
These blueberry treats are sweet, easy to make, fun to eat and I simply love popping them in my mouth. They are made with two ingredients, greek yogurt and blueberries. You can’t go wrong with that combo. I eat blueberries and yogurt together all of the time and I thought, they make yogurt covered nuts and fruit, why not try to make a frozen version with fresh yogurt and fresh fruit? I am so glad I made this, it’s an amazing guilt free snack.
To make them, I took my half baking sheet and lined it with parchment paper. Took a tooth pick and poked it in the blueberry and swirled it around the yogurt. I placed it on my baking sheet and then put it in the freezer to freeze for about an hour.
Here is what they looked liked once I completed covering all of the blueberries.
After I froze the berries I popped them in a freezer safe bag for easy grabbing and easy snacking. This really makes a great, healthy snack for kids, but even better for me. I come home from work and grab a tiny handful of my blueberries, which satisfies me until dinner.
- 1 pint blueberries
- 6 oz container of vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 toothpick
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper, set aside.
- Poke the toothpick in the blueberry and swirl in the yogurt until covered. Place the yogurt covered blueberry on the prepared baking sheet. Do the same with remaining blueberries.
- Place the baking sheet of blueberries in the freezer and freeze for one hour. Place the blueberries in a freezer safe container.
For this recipe, you can also use vegan yogurt, coconut yogurt or your favorite kind of yogurt. Maybe go all crazy and try blueberry flavor or chocolate flavor. I am personally kind of partial to vanilla.
I am totally looking forward to today’s #SundaySupper recipe because I want to know how I can preserve the summer.
Have a great weekend.
- Dry Fruit – No-Dehydrator-Needed from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Freeze Cherries from Pies and Plots
- Freeze Herbs from Rhubarb and Honey
- Make Freezer Harvest Soup Kits from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Make Pesto Cubes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Make and Freeze Rosemary Butter from Momma’s Meals
- Make Ready to Blend Smoothie Packs for Your Freezer from The Educators’ Spin On It
- Oven Dry Cherries from The Redhead Baker
Sip sunny cocktails and smoothies
- Blueberry, Peaches and Cream Green Smoothies from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Green Tea and Chocolate Saketini from Ninja Baking
- Sangria from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Scoop up special salsas and sauces
- Classic Freezer Tomato Sauce from Noshing With The Nolands
- Peach Salsa from The Texan New Yorker
- Pico de Gallo from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Spicy Apple – Carrot Chutney from What Smells So Good?
- Spring Conserve from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Jump into jellies, jams and preserves
- Apricot Habanero Jam from Food Lust People Love
- Corn Cob Jelly from Daily Dish Recipes
- Hot Pepper Jelly from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- No Pectin Apricot Jam from Curious Cuisiniere
- Peach Preserves from Delaware Girl Eats
- Pineapple Mango Moscato Jam from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raw Raspberry-Vanilla Chia Jam from Shockingly Delicious
- Savory Fig and Sweet Onion Freezer Jam from Peaceful Cooking
- Spicy Ginger Tomato Jam with Coconut Sugar from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Spicy Red Pepper Jam from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Pucker up for pickles
- Bread and Butter Pickles from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pickled Beets and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renée
- Pickled Cherries from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Pickled Green Tomatoes from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Refrigerator Pickled Jalapeños with Herbs from Magnolia Days
- Refrigerator Pickled Radish and Turnips from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Refrigerator Pickles from Webicurean
- Sweet Pickled Cauliflower from Because I Like Chocolate
Slurp and spoon soup and a side dish
- Easy Garden Fresh Tomato Basil Soup from Neighborfood
- Savory Summer Kimchi from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
Dive into divine desserts
- Easy (no machine) Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Mama Bee Does
- Freeze ’em For Later Peach Berry Hand Pies from eating in instead
- Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries from Peanut Butter and Pepper
- Lemon and Blackberry Meringue Cakes from Happy Baking Days
- Lemon Curd Coffee Crumb Cake with Vanilla Drizzle from Wallflour Girl
- Vegan Strawberry Ice Cream from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 p.m. ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.