I am writing this on Saturday evening so I can get a quick jump on my posts for the week. I figured if I did this now, for one I wouldn’t snack and two I can focus on exercise and making healthy dinners throughout the week! After my Saturday indulgence, I am going to start my week out right, starting with a wholesome healthy breakfast! But today I do not have a healthy breakfast for you, that will be tomorrow, I think? But I have my Saturday indulgence to share with you!
See these little Guys? They are extremely dangerous! Dangerous I tell ya!! All day they taunted me, telling me to eat me, eat me!! If you ask me to eat something, I feel the need to say ok, after all how can I say no? So I ate one, then two, then three, then I thought these taste really familiar what is that taste? Eat four, eat five and finally on my sixth one, I realized what these cookies taste like. Ready for this…
They taste like Girl Scout Thin Mints! I can’t believe I accidentally recreated a cookie that tastes like Girl Scout Thin Mints! I feel like I discovered a million dollars or something!! I have to thank Little Jenny for this. Before she went to work, I asked her if she wanted me to make her any cookies for her and her boyfriend Saturday night and she said, yah, Mint Chocolate Chips. I think we are all on a mint kick this week! I wouldn’t have discovered these gems if it wasn’t for her. I don’t know if I should love her or hate her for this!! When she came home from work, she took a bite of the cookie and said “Oh My Gosh” with a mouth full of cookies. Can I take the whole batch with me? I was happy to give them to her, because if they were here right now, I’d be eating one while I was typing this!! Just look at them!!
See what I mean about dangerous? At least the cookies are only 59 calories each! But having 6 of them, kind of adds up!! This recipe is also very easy to make! It’s a basic batch of cookies, but the secret ingredient is Jello Sugar Free Instant Pudding, Fudge flavor!! I never put pudding in my cookies before, I’ve done cake batter but never pudding. I am pretty surprised on how well they turn out!! I am so glad I tried this!!! You have to try pudding in cookies, it’s crazy good. It adds a whole new dimension to your cookie!
A chocolate cookie with a fudgy center and full of mint chocolate chips. Tastes like a Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pkg. (1.4 oz pkg.) sugar free,instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 3/4 cups mint chocolate chips (I used Nestle Dark Chocolate & Mint Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl add flour and pudding mix;set a side
- In a large bowl add butter and beat for 30 seconds; until creamy. Add brown sugar and baking soda and beat until well combined. Beat in eggs, vanilla and peppermint extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in mint chocolate chips
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoon 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool on baking sheets 2 to 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Calorie per cookie: 58.7, Fat: 3.3, Cholesterol: 5.7, Sodium: 34.4, Potassium: 18.8, Carbs: 7.6, Fiber: .01, Sugar: 4.4, Protein: .06
Do you crave danger? If you do, then these cookies are for you! I bet you can’t eat just one! Ohhh, these would be so good with a Peppermint Latte! Man, I think I need to make more of these, no I don’t!! I have no control! I really need a new hobby!
QUESTION: What is your favorite all time cookie?
Have a great day everyone!!!
P.S. I don’t know why, but I just like this picture!