How are you on this Saturday? I’m doing good now that the weekend is here. Today Little Jenny are going to go on a 5 mile hillly hike and then to a nice healthy lunch! I’ve been pretty good at sticking to my workouts. I am officially getting ready to start my 3rd week of Chalean Extreme. I feel stronger and I can see some definition in my arms. My stomach is another story!! I guess I should stop eating so much and that would probably go away. I tend to eat when I’m bored and it seems I have been bored a lot lately. I need to change that!! I’m thinking of getting rid of my trigger foods in my house. I’ll be better off!
Today’s recipe is simple, but fun! I love the photos of this little healthy treat!
This is my blueberries and cream shooters. It’s made with frozen blueberries, coconut milk and greek yogurt and a little squirt of whip cream to give it a dessert look. It’s healthy, and a great way to get your family members to eat their fruit and yogurt. My Husband took his like it was a real shot!! Silly man!!
I served these in two tall shot glasses that I picked up from Napa Valley. I thought the bottom of the cups (their plastic) were so pretty. I’m a sucker for anything that is colorful and fun! I made these smoothies just so I could use them!!
Don’t you think it’s fun to dress up something so simple as a smoothie and share it with someone you love? Do you ever dress up your food to make it pretty? Most of the time I try to make it pretty for you, then it doesn’t look so pretty when I put it on my plate. lol I’m really not to graceful when it comes to my food! I probably should be!
- Serves: 2½ Shot Glasses
- Serving size: 1 Shot Glass
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Milk or regular milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Stevia or plain sugar
- ¾ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 4 Tbsp. Whip Cream, Fat Free
- In a blender add blueberries, coconut milk, vanilla extract and stevia. Pulsate in blender until blueberries are slightly crushed. You may have to scrap down the sides of the blender.
- Add greek yogurt and blends until smooth.
- In two tall shot glasses, fill half way up with blueberry mixture. Add 1 tablespoon of whip cream, then fill the rest of the glass with blueberry mixture. Top with 1 tbsp. of whip cream. Repeat with other shot glass.
I would type more, but I need to go lay down. My Husband and I had Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches and a HUGE thing of nachos from the Beach Deli for dinner and I have such a stomach ache. I am not used to eating like that and I think my stomach is not to happy!! Ugh!!!
Have a great Saturday!!! Now get out there and enjoy the nice weather while you can!!
P.S. I just love this photo!