One more day closer to Friday! Woohoo!! Anyone have any plans for Cinco de Mayo? Not me, but I do plan on making some Mexican dishes and maybe a skinny margarita. After all it’s a holiday!
Remember when I made my Chinese Chicken Salad with Sesame Dressing? I told you I would post the recipe to the chicken I used. I’ve made this chicken about 3 times in the past month trying to get a decent photo of the chicken, but the photos never turned out, so now I got some ok photos, so I thought now would be the perfect time to share it with you!
This is probably one of the best chicken marinades I have ever made! The chicken is so tender and moist that you don’t even need a knife to cut it. It has quickly become a family favorite!
This is a very simple recipe too! All it is balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic and thyme. Pretty simple ingredients. I marinated my chicken for about 4 hours, than popped it on the grill. It smells amazing on the grill too! I just love the smell of barbecue.
The chicken was perfect in my Chinese Chicken Salad. The flavors combined together took my salad up another notch!! I think this could be one of the reasons why my Husband loved it!
A moist, tender grilled chicken perfect for summer barbecues. Perfect on salads or by it's self.
- 16 oz Chicken Breast, skinless, boneless
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. thyme, fresh or 1/2 tsp. dried
- Place chicken in a resealable plastic bag, take the air out and use a rolling pin to slightly flatten the chicken, be careful not to break the bag.
- For marinade, in a small bowl add dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme and mix until smooth. Pour over chicken. Re-seal the bag and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- Drain chicken and reserve the marinade. Grill chicken over medium heat for about 7 minutes, occasionally brushing with marinade. Turn chicken over and brush again with marinade. Grill for 5 - 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Calories per serving: 133, Fat: 3.1, Cholesterol: 65, Sodium: 247, Potassium: 6, Carbs: 3.5, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 0, Protein: 26
I do really love this chicken! Like I said before I honestly think it’s one of my best chicken dishes yet and unbelievably simple. This would be perfect to put together before going to work. Then when you get home, all you have to do is grill or even bake it.
I have had a few comments from people wishing me luck and wondering how I was doing on my 3 – 5 day detox, so I thought I would fill you in on how the progress is going. Today I am on day 3, and so far so good. Monday and Tuesday I was exhausted, and from what you may have read from my post on Tuesday I had a headache from no coffee. I broke down and got a Starbucks Ice Coffee and my headache went away. Otherwise I have pretty much stuck to the program and I lost 2lbs in two days! Woohoo!! Thats without exercising. I just didn’t have it in me, I was soooooo tired, I was lucky I could do anything.
Today, on day 3 I feel so much better. I was getting tired this morning so I went to Starbucks and got a Trenta Ice Green Tea with no sugar no milk, just plain! Thats satisfied my caffeine fix and it gave me energy. Enough energy that I did my exercises today and I don’t feel tired! When I went to Starbucks, they were getting ready to make my usual ice coffee, when I told them I changed and went to green tea. They asked why and I told them I’m detoxing. You know what they told me. Coffee makes you bloat and they said so many people come in here and tell me how much weight they gained from drinking coffee, yet they don’t stop. Coffee alone only has like 2 calories a cup, it’s the bloating part and the additional sugar and milk that is put in it that makes you gain weight. Eck!!! So I am going to limit myself to one cup where I can enjoy it! Thats all!! I think it’s more habit than anything.
I’ve been tracking my calories on this detox and I am still eating 1500 or so a day, making my carbs, protein and fiber stats. I haven’t really craved bread which is amazing! But I was craving carbs yesterday, so I made quinoa, and you know what? It was the first time I made it and I liked it!! The recipe will be coming on Saturday.
So what do I eat? This is my typical day:
- 4:00am: 1 cup hot water with juice of 1/2 a lemon and 1 hard boiled egg white (weird I know)
- 7:30am breakfast: 1/3 cup Coaches Oats made with water topped with Strawberries, Blackberries and Blueberries
- 10am snack: Cut veggies dipped in a yogurt dip I made
- 12:00pm lunch: Mixed vegetable Salad with 2 oz grilled chicken and 1 tbsp. fat free balsamic dressing
- 3:00pm snack time: 1/2 cup greek yogurt with berries and 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 5:00pm dinner time: 4 oz chicken, 1 cup quinoa or vegetables (any kind, like a sweet potato) and a side salad
- 6:00pm evening snack/dessert: smoothie with frozen banana, berries, coconut milk and yogurt
I have been filled, and I feel good! This was pretty easy except for my coffee part and trying to drink 16 cups of water. I haven’t made that goal, Monday was 12 cups, Tuesday 10 cups, and today 12 cups so far.
I’m going to go for day 4 tomorrow to see how I do, but I’m having my breakfast parfait jar for my breakfast, since I can eat everything in it!
Well thats it for my detox so far! I learned I should drink way more water, less coffee, more veggies! I’m still going to eat my bread and other goodies, but I plan on limiting them. Like I said I believe you can have anything in moderation!
Well my friends that it for me!! I’m off to have my dinner tonight, which is grilled chicken in a lime and jalapeno marinade. First time making it, if it turns out, I’ll share the recipe with you!
Have a wonderful day!!!