Today I have for you a delicious, easy recipe that only takes about 18 minutes to bake, which is perfect for the summer heat. It is my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars. Every Sunday I bake cookies, bread or some form of baked goods, so today I changed up my traditional recipe and made cookie bars. Yum!
These bars are moist, and have the perfect peanut butter taste. Since they are so sweet and peanut buttery, I cut the bars into 36 slices. Which is simply the perfect bite of sweetness. The only problem is just eating one.
- Serves: 36 bars
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 7
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 51
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 12
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Have an ungreased 13 x 9 baking pan ready
- In a small bowl add flour, baking and soda; mix until combined.
- In a large bowl, add brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanutbutter, and butter; beat until well combined and creamy. Beat in the egg, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Slowly beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Add cookie batter to baking pan; make sure it is spread evenly. I used my hands.
- Bake in oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
I love simple recipes like this and it beats having the oven on for over an hour to make a batch of cookies. I froze my bars in freezer bags for easy grabbing.
I hope you have a fantastic day!