Today for #SundaySupper we ares sharing with captivating casserole recipes. I have to admit I do not make too many casseroles. But today’s recipe will be one that will be in my monthly meal rotation. Today I have for you a simple taco casserole recipe. Amazing!!
This casserole tastes like a deconstructed taco. It is thick, hearty and even though it is 4 servings, it is pretty darn filling. My family went absolutely bonkers over it.
It’s made with crushed tortilla chips, lean ground beef, chunky salsa and lots of hot bubbly cheese. Not only does it make for a good dinner, but it would be great to serve a Super Bowl party.
I just made my beef mixture, topped it with cheese and baked it. Top with tomatoes and serve with lettuce and sour cream. Well I used plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream. Trust me know one knows the difference. You can top it with the lettuce, but I served it on the side. Since I have leftovers, I just re-heat in the oven until the cheese is hot.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups chunky salsa (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 cup (2 oz) coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 2½ oz (2/3 cups) cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet add ground beef and cook until no longer pink;about 7 minutes. Drain fat if there is any. Add taco seasoning and water. Cook until the water is evaporated. Turn heat off and stir in salsa.
- In a baking dish (9 x 10), add broken tortilla chips (enough to cover the bottom of the baking dish). Top with ground beef mixture. Top with cheese. Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Note: If you plan on having left overs, omit the lettuce and place the lettuce on your plate and top with beef and chips if desired.
- Serve with sour cream and/or hot sauce.
All I can say is yum! One of my favorite foods in the world is tacos. Having it this way is so much better because it fills me up so much and I am getting the meat and not so much of a shell. It is simply a delicious dish.
Need more casserole ideas? I know I do. Check out what the #SundaySupper crew made.
Have a great Sunday.
- Boozy Baked French Toast from Brunch with Joy
- Orange & Date Wife Saver Breakfast Casserole from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Spinach, Sausage and Polenta Breakfast Casserole from The Redhead Baker
Appetizing Casserole Sides
- Baked Cauli-Tots Casserole from Cupcake and Kale Chips
- Savory Sweet Potato and Sausage Bread Pudding from Nik Snacks
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Casserole from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Main Event Casseroles
- Artichoke and Spinach Macaroni and Cheese Casserole from Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Italian Sausage from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bison Meatloaf Casserole from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cheesy Chicken Corkscrew Casserole from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cheesy, Creamy, Cauliflower and Sausage Casserole from Eating In Instead
- Chicken Enchiladas from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Ramen Mini Casseroles from The Ninja Baker
- Chicken with Whole Grains Casserole from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chinese Noodle Casserole from Momma’s Meals
- Crab Casserole for Two from Magnolia Days
- Homemade Poppy Seed Chicken from Food Done Light
- Fully Loaded Tater Tot Casserole from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- King Ranch Casserole from The Texan New Yorker
- King Ranch Mac and Cheese from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Ziti with Meatballs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Mexican Lasagna from MealDiva
- Mom’s Taco Casserole from Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Moroccan Polenta Casserole from Pancake Warriors
- Moussaka from Nosh My Way
- Neeps & Tatties Casserole from Happy Baking Days
- Quick No Boil Tuna Pasta Bake from Mess Makes Food
- Sausage Peppers and Onion Pasta Casserole from Family Foodie
- Southwestern Spaghetti Pie from The Messy Baker
- Cheesy, Layered Italian Pasta Torta from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Stove-top Four Cheese Mac and Cheese from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Supreme Pizza Strata from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet Corn and Green Chile Chicken Tamale Pie from Simply Healthy Family
- Taco Casserole from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Decadent Dessert and Sweet Casseroles
- Baked Lemon Dessert from Food Lust People Love
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from Pies and Plots
- Butterscotch Bread Pudding from The Foodie Army Wife
- Classic Apple Crisp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Ultimate Deep Dish Brownies from Recipe for Perfection
- Vegan Oreo Rice Krispie Treats from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.