Today for #SundaySupper our mission is to make something that can be served on a tray. First thing that came to mind was deviled eggs. I LOVE deviled eggs. There are so many ways you can prepare them and serve them. Last week as you may know I was in Baton Rouge Louisiana, the capital of Cajun food and I can not get enough of it. My trip inspired me for today’s recipe which is Cajun Style Deviled Eggs.
These eggs are delish! They have a slight kick of heat from the Cajun seasoning, but not over baring, and to boot they are topped with a piece of shrimp. I love shrimp and Cajun flavors together. These deviled eggs are perfect for serving at your next party. I think it’s a great change-up from the traditional deviled eggs.
Let me give you a little tutorial on how to make the perfect hard-boiled egg. You know the one that comes out with yellow yolks and not green. Just add your eggs to a pot, make sure the eggs are not touching and just fill the pot with water to cover the eggs. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Run the pot with the eggs under cold water to stop the eggs from cooking. Let the eggs cool and peel. A friend of mine told me to prevent the shell from sticking to the eggs use older eggs. Don’t buy fresh from the market, but of course don’t use expired eggs. 🙂 It worked like a charm.
To make the filling I used the cooked egg yolks, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, white vinegar, cajun seasoning and smoked paprika. Mix it together with a fork until smooth. I placed my filling in a lunch baggie, cut the corner and squeezed the filling into the center of the egg. Perfect! No need for salt and pepper. These eggs are seasoned perfectly.
- Serves: 10 halves
- Serving size: 1 half
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. white vinegar
- ¾ tsp. cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- 10 mini shrimp, cooked
- Place eggs in a pot and cover eggs with cold water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Place pot with eggs in it under cold running water for about 2 minutes. Let the eggs cool completely.
- Peel the shell off of the eggs and cut the eggs horizontally. In a bowl, add the egg yolks, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar,cajun seasoning and smoked paprika. Mix until smooth. Taste test it. Spoon the mixture in the egg halves and top with shrimp.
I had fun with this recipe and I can’t wait to make them again. I truly love changing up my deviled eggs recipe. Now be sure to check out what recipes the #SundaySupper gang is serving up on a tray today.
Have a great rest of the weekend.
- Antipasto Skewers by Simply Gourmet
- Bite-Sized Meatballs by MealDiva
- BLT Bites by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- BLT Canapes by Peaceful Cooking
- BLT Crostini with Basil Mayonnaise by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Blueberry Jam and Goat Cheese Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Brie and Tomato Bruschetta by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cajun Deviled Eggs by Peanut Better and Peppers
- Charcuterie Board by Family Foodie
- Cheese-Filled Apple Rounds by eatingininstead
- Coquilles St. Jacques by Nosh My Way
- Crudite Platter with Copycat Hidden Valley Ranch Dip by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crunchy Tuna Salad Boats by A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Cucumber Sandwiches by Momma’s Meals
- Feta Zucchini Bites by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Thai Soup Shooters by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Figs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Heirloom Caprese Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Jalapeño Mac ‘n Cheese Bites by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- The Modern Relish Tray by An Appealing Plan
- Mostarda di Frutta by Rhubarb and Honey
- Pimento Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Magnolia Days
- Ploughman’s Platter for a Party by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Puff Pastry Cheese Sticks by Basic N Delicious
- Rye Party Puffs by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Southwestern Turkey Sliders by The Texan New Yorker
- Spinach and Mushroom Pizza Bites by The Dinner-Mom
- Tomato Basil Soup Shooters by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Zucchini and Summer Squash Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Alice in Wonderland Sugar Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Baked Lemon Glazed Mini Donuts by Killer Bunnies Inc.
- Chocolate Oreo Pocky Cupcakes, Cake, and Morello Cherry Buttercream by NinjaBaking
- French Silk Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- German Chocolate Brownie Bites by Wallflour Girl
- Mini Banana Nutella Cheesecake Parfaits (#glutenfree option) by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Raspberry Fools by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Shortcake Dessert Shooters by The Redhead Baker
- Vegan Caramel Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter & Banana Bites by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Witchy Chocolate Mousse with Culinary Fairy Dust by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.