Today I teamed up with McCormick to celebrate its 125th anniversary with one of this year’s biggest food trends, Charmed by Brazil! Brazilian food is illuminating the vibrant flavors and traditions of a dynamic melting pot culture that includes European, African, Asian and Native Amazonian influences. Brazilian tastes are poised to emerge as a powerful influence in cooking around the globe. I’ve personally never had Brazilian food but with McCormick it made it easy! So today I am bringing you Brazilian Chicken Kabobs.
My Brazilian Chicken Kabobs taste out of this world! The chicken is tender, juicy and the flavor is simply amazing. To me the flavor almost has a slight Indian influence from the cumin with a hint of heat from the cayenne pepper. I used McCormick Ground Cumin, Oregano Leaves, Ground White Pepper & Ground Red Pepper to create the Bahian Blend. This blend would be amazing in so many different recipes.
To make the chicken juicy I also marinated it in coconut milk and hot sauce. Sounds like an odd combo, but trust me it works! I went with coconut because after much researching I found out that in Brazil they drink coconut water straight from the coconut! How cool is that? I want to go there just so I can walk on the warm sunny beach with a coconut in my hand! They also have other great ingredients like guava, black eye peas and rice and beans just to name a few!
After I marinated my chicken for a few hours I placed them on a skewer with sweet bell peppers and onions. I brushed on some olive oil and then added the Bahian Blend Seasoning. I cooked it on the grill for about 5 minutes per side and the chicken was done perfectly!! This makes for such a simple summer dish! Side it with some rice or beans to really give your meal a nice Brazilian flavor.
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 4 oz chicken plus vegetables
- 1 lbs. chicken, skinless, boneless
- ¼ cup coconut milk or non-fat milk
- 1 dash of hot sauce
- ½ sweet bell pepper, cut into big chunks
- ½ purple onion, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. McCormick® Cumin, Ground
- 1 tsp. McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- ½ tsp. McCormick® White Pepper, Ground
- ¼ tsp. McCormick® Red Pepper, Ground
- In a ziplock bag or shallow bowl, add chicken, coconut milk and hot sauce. Mix well and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 4 hours up to overnight.
- Discard the liquid and cut chicken into chunks. Thread chicken, peppers and onions on a metal skewer or a wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes, rotating between vegetables and chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together cumin, oregano leaves, white pepper and ground pepper.
- Brush chicken and vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning mix.
- Place on grill over medium heat, rotating every 3 minutes until chicken is cooked all the way through, about 10 minutes.
This year, McCormick is taking part in a global celebration of flavor. For each flavor story you share, McCormick will make a $1 donation to United Way Worldwide to help feed those in need.
They will be featuring some of our favorite stories shared onFlavorofTogether.com. While only select stories will be displayed on the website, every story shared will count toward our total donation to United Way Worldwide. I would love it if you added one of your #FLAVORSTORY.
All I want you to do is share your story using #FlavorStory on my post (comment section below) and one reader will receive a McCormick Anniversary pack. The pack includes exclusive McCormick Anniversary Edition McCormick Indian Spice blends, a McCormick recipe book, and a branded canvas tote – all valued at $50
I will be picking the winner, so you must comment on my post sharing your story! Don’t forget to include the hastag #FlavorStory.
Have a wonderful day!