I don’t know what it is, but lately I have been on a muffin kick. I think I finally came up with the perfect muffin recipe and now I am adding different ingredients to change it up. So today I thought I would share with you my Cherry Chocolate Chunk Muffins. I dare you to say that 5 times fast!
These muffins are simply amazing! They are light, fluffy, moist and full of cherries and chunks of chocolate chips. I love them and was very impressed on how tasty the combination is. I originally made this recipe using blueberries, which were such a hit, I thought, ohhhhh, I bet chocolate and cherries would be good too! I was so right! I don’t know what it is about chocolate and cherries together, but it is delicious, but hey I think chocolate goes with just about anything, don’t you think?
The muffins are super easy to make too and what gives them the moisture and a light buttery taste is the melted butter and milk. I just mixed my basic ingredients together and folded in chopped up frozen cherries and Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chunk Chocolate Chips. Have you used the Chocolate Chunk Chips from TJ’s? You should, it’s such a wonderful chocolate. Every time I use them I always get asked, where did you get the chocolate, good old Trader Joe’s!
- Serves: 17
- Serving size: 1 Muffin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 1 cup cherries, frozen, cut in half or quarters
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. course sugar (I used granulated)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line two standard muffin tins with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, and salt; set a side.
- In large bowl add sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla; mix until combined. Pour in the milk; mix until combined. Slowly incorporate flour mixture just until moist. With a spatula, fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Evenly spoon batter into prepared muffin pan. Sprinkle with course sugar. Bake in oven for 15 - 20 or until center comes out clean with a toothpick.
Yum, yum! That’s all I can say! Ok, it’s not, I can talk and talk, especially when it comes to food! lol But I wanted to let you know that these muffins freeze wonderfully! I just put them in a freezer bag and take one out, leave on the counter until ready to eat. Or you can just pop them in the microwave.
Have a super fab day!