Today for #SundaySupper we teamed up with Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs to share with you recipes using raw eggs. Yah, I know sometimes using raw eggs gives a bad rap, but don’t worry these eggs are safe. The Safest Choice™ all-natural, gentle warm bath pasteurization process eliminates the risk of Salmonella in eggs without changing the nutrition or flavor. Davidson’s Safest Choice® Eggs are pasteurized, so they taste great and are safe for all your favorite egg dishes! You have to love that! So with that in mind I created a recipe that I have been dying to make, which is Chicken Caesar Salad.
My Chicken Caesar Salad turned out amazing! It exceeded my expectations! It’s light, fresh made with homemade grilled croutons and let me just telling the most delicious Caesar dressing! The dressing is restaurant quality! It’s creamy, cheesy and has the perfect balance of lemon and garlic. I am very pleased with it!
Since I didn’t have croutons in the house I decided to make my own. I had a stale sourdough baguette, so I cut it in half and brushed it with olive oil and popped it on the grill for two minutes per side. Once it cooled, I cut it into bite size pieces. The taste of the sourdough and the grill flavor took these croutons up a level. It was so easy and so darn good! Think I’ll make croutons like this for now on.
For the salad dressing I used garlic, dijon mustard, lemon juice, water, Davidson’s Safest Choice Egg yolks and olive oil. I processed it in my blender and stirred in some Parmesan Cheese. It is simply amazing and only took a few minutes to make. The dressing makes about 1 1/4 cups. I made extra for my salad the next day! I am soooooo making this dressing again and again. I love that I know the eggs were safe to use! I felt perfectly fine the next day!
I feel bad that Little Jenny wasn’t home when I made this salad. Caesar Salad is her favorite. She always orders it when we go out. Now I can see why, I am just loving it!
I wanted to let you know that Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs is having a contest! You can win a year supply of eggs, Food & Wine Conference Pass, and I $500 gift certificate. To check it out an enter go here.
Safest Choice™ Pasteurized Eggs are available in two varieties, All-Natural and Cage Free. For both varieties, Safest Choice™ only sources eggs from vegetarian-fed hens that are hormone and antibiotic free. Safest Choice™ eggs come from USDA certified and inspected farms that are Kosher certified by the Orthodox Union. Safest Choice™ uses fresh Cage Free eggs from farms approved as Certified Humane®.
To check out other recipes and more information on Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs you can go to the following links:
Store Locator: http://www.safeeggs.com/store-locator
Make sure you check out the other fabulous recipes from the #SundaySupper gang!
Have a great rest of the weekend!
- Asparagus Egg Salad by Family Foodie
- Buffalo Aioli by Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Caesar Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Deviled Egg Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Grilled Pizza with Egg, Arugula, and Balsamic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Huevos Rancheros by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Korean Rolled Omelette (Gaeran Mari) by kimchi MOM
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Casa de Crews
- Pizza for Breakfast! Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Shrimp Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No-Bake Sweet Recipes:
- Brownie Batter Truffles by Desserts Required
- Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse by Shockingly Delicious
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Neighborfood
- “Funky Monkey” PB Ripple Chip Banana Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon and Strawberry Parfaits by Magnolia Days
- No Bake Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Lemon Meringue Waffles by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Pudding Cups by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Marshmallow S’mores by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by the Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. All opinions are my own.