Today for #SundaySupper our mission was to make something stuffed, wrapped or rolled. I kept debating on what to make, I originally though enchiladas, then I thought a veggie wrap, then I thought stuffed tomatoes and then at the very last-minute I decided on today’s recipe and I have to admit I made the right choice. So let me introduce to you today’s recipe, Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
Ok, there is no surprise here, but I happen to be in love with the Caprese. Can you be in love with food? I have to say the answer is yes! Crazy, but true! Give me cheese, tomatoes and basil and I am one happy camper. I don’t know what it is about this combination, but I love it! I swear I could eat it everyday!!
My stuffed chicken has so much flavor going on and the chicken is so tender and the cheese, don’t even get me get started on the cheese. The balance of cheese, tomatoes and basil is simply perfect! I added the balsamic glaze on top to give it more flair. I love balsamic glaze too! I think I am using love a lot today, but hey, it’s my word of the day!
To make this dish is super easy and fast! I just butterflied my chicken breasts, added sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced basil and shredded mozzarella cheese. I brushed the chicken with balsamic dressing to add a simple, light flavor. I grilled the chicken for about 7 minutes on one side and 5 minutes on the other, just until the chicken was cooked through and the cheese was melted. I think it took me about 10 minutes to prep and 13 minutes to cook. It’s a great, fast and easy meal to make. You could even serve it with pasta if you like.
- 1 lbs. chicken breast, skinless, boneless
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup cherry tomatoes, sliced thin or 1 plum tomato, sliced thin
- 5 basil leaves, diced small
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded,divided
- ¼ cup balsamic dressing (your favorite)
- Optional Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat grill to medium low heat
- Butter fly your chicken, by cutting it horizontally. Do not cut all the way through. Sprinkle the inside of the chicken with pepper. Evenly top the the chicken with tomatoes, basil and cheese and fold over the chicken to close it. It should look like the chicken breast before you cut it.
- Brush one side of the chicken with balsamic dressing and place the balsamic dressing side down on the grill. Brush more balsamic dressing over top of chicken. Cook for about 7 minutes. Flip the chicken and brush on remaining balsamic dressing and cook until no longer pink; about 5 minutes more.
- Place chicken on a plate and top with balsamic glaze and fresh basil; if desired.
- Serve with rice, pasta, side salad or vegetables of your choice
If you’re in need of a quick healthy dinner that screams flavor, this is truly an excellent chicken dish to make! Oh and I forgot to tell you, my Husband even liked it. If you’re a frequent reader of mine, you know that he hates chicken and tomatoes together. He ate his piece of chicken and all on his own, he said this is really good. Shocking, I know!! I usually have to fish for a compliment.
Well my Friends, I have lots of reading to do! I can’t wait to see what the gang at #SundaySupper are making today!
Have a great rest of the weekend!
Starters and Snacks
- Easy Apple Dumplings by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Endive Stuffed with Blue Cheese, Walnuts and Honey by Shockingly Delicious
- Filipino Turon (Banana Lumpia) by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Arepas de Queso (cheese stuffed cornmeal cakes) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Tinga Taquitos with Avocado Cream by Savvy Eats
- Eggy Rice Wraps by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Puff Pastry and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Onigiri by Brunch With Joy
- Stuffed Pierogie Shells by Seduction in The Kitchen
- Scotch Eggs with Sriracha Dipping Sauce by Run DMT
- Celery Root Lettuce Wraps with Beluga Lentils by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Entrees and Mains
- Rouladen by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Stracci di Antrodoco by Manu’s Menu
- Eggplant Rollatini by MealDiva
- Chicken Cordon Blue by The Foodie Army Wife
- Stuffed Whole Baby Savoy Cabbages by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Taco Egg Rolls by Table for Seven
- Shrimp Tempura Rolls by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Lemon and Herbed Stuffed Salmon by Nosh My Way
- Tamales de Rajas y Requeson (Roasted Poblano Tamales) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Bademjan Shekam-por – Persian Stuffed Eggplant by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mascarpone Blueberry Stuffed French Toast by gotta get baked
- Korean-style Meaty Stuffed Potatoes by kimchi MOM
- Strawberries and Cream Pancake Roll by Curious Cuisiniere
- Creamy Goat Cheese Quinoa Stuffed Tomatoes by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Rolled Greek Meatloaf by Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Shrimp Burritos Con Queso by Cooking On The Ranch
- Bee-Bim Bop Sushi Rolls by NinjaBaking.com
- Angel Hair Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Family Foodie
- Genoa Salami and Kalamata Olive Calzones by The Texan New Yorker
- Zucchini Boats by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Girl’s Camp Breakfast Burritos by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Crab Louie Stuffed Chicken by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Rustic “Wrapped” Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- Potato Roll Stuffed with Ham and Cheese in Red Sauce by Basic N Delicious
- Ham, Turkey and Cheddar Turnovers by Magnolia Days
- Crispy Chipotle Shrimp Burritos by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pizza Pockets by girlichef
- Ham and Cheese Crescent “Roll” Stromboli by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Wellington Braciole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Greek Salad Wrap by The Messy Baker
- Cabbage Venison Lettuce Wraps With Fresh Herbs by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
All things Sweet
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Chocolate Hazelnut Rugelach by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Cake Roll by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cannoli Stuffed French Toast by Momma’s Meals
- Lemon Poppyseed Swirl Cookies by What Smells So Good
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Egg Rolls by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry and Lemon Curd Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chocolate Chip Banana Sweet Rolls by Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Chocolate Swiss Roll by Noshing With The Nolands
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Flourless Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.