Back in February I posted a recipe for Vanilla Coffee Creamer, which I just love and you asked if I could make a non-dairy coffee creamer. I thought, how can I do it? After some playing around, I found the perfect Non-Dairy Vanilla Coffee Creamer.
The Non-Dairy Vanilla Coffee Creamer came out just perfect! At first I wasn’t sure because I was used to my dairy coffee creamer which I have been making weekly. The Non-Dairy Creamer is creamy, frothy with the perfect amount of vanilla. I was pleasantly surprised on how much I love it! Now this will be my weekly coffee creamer because it’s super creamy, adds that bit of froth to my coffee and it’s only 21 calories for two tablespoons. What’s not to like?
I made the creamer using all Trader Joe’s Ingredients, light coconut milk from a can, unsweetened coconut milk from the carton, sugar and vanilla. It’s so easy to make too. I tried the recipe with almond milk and if you’re a fan of almond milk I highly recommend using that, by switching out the coconut milk from the carton and subbing unsweetened almond milk. I am not the biggest almond milk fan, but I am trying hard to get used to it. As for sugar, I went with granulated sugar, since I didn’t want to add other flavors to the coffee, I wanted pure vanilla flavor. However, you can always use honey or maple syrup. There are so many options, it’s up to you to what you like.
Your probably wondering about the coconut taste. You get a slight hint of coconut, but I used three tablespoons of vanilla extract to mask the coconut flavor. I am a big fan of coconut, so it didn’t bother me and I really didn’t taste it, but if your coconut sensitive you may want to opt in for almond milk instead. I also recommend shaking the creamer before using. Due to the fact that there is coconut fat in the creamer, it can separate just a tad bit, but not much. No mater what kind of coffee creamer I use, I always shake it anyway!
- Serves: 4 cups
- Serving size: 32 servings (2 tbsp.per serving)
- 14 oz can light coconut milk (from can)
- 2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (from carton)
- ¼ cup sugar or stevia
- 3 tbsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium pot, set over medium heat, add light coconut milk, unsweetened coconut milk and sugar. Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved and bubbles start to appear on the sides(Don't boil). Whisk in vanilla extract and cook for two minutes more.
- Let creamer cool completely, than store in a glass container in the refrigerator for about a week. Shake before using.
- Note: You can always sub unsweetened almond milk for coconut milk from the carton.
I am really happy with the outcome of my non-dairy creamer and I think you will be too! I am tickled pink that I can save money, and have a healthier coffee creamer that doesn’t contain weird ingredients or trans fat.
Have a great day!