Today for #SundaySupper our mission is to make a Valentine’s for two. That is pretty easy in my house because it’s normally just the Hubby and I and I put love into every meal, so I guess I make Valentine’s for two everyday. lol Today’s recipe is something quite different, but it really screams Valentine’s Day to me and nope it doesn’t contain chocolate, but does contain ice cream!!! And you know I love ice cream!! So let me share with you my Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float!
This float is fantastic! It’s sweet, yet has a slight tartness to it, bubbly and simply the perfect romantic drink! It’s made with all natural tart cherry juice, sugar, all natural vanilla ice cream and the best part, the champagne. This was a random recipe I had in my head and I couldn’t wait to make it. In the morning I have about a 35 – 45 minute commute and as I am driving I spend my time thinking of recipes and as soon as I get to work I write them down so I don’t forget. This recipe was one of those thoughts.
Not only does the float taste delish, but I also think it is so pretty. It has a beautiful red color and with the champagne and the ice cream, it has a frosty look too. This is the perfect after dinner Valentine’s drink. You can have this and skip dessert. Plus it’s only 140 calories! Not to shabby for a sweet drink!
A light, sweet chilled after dinner drink made with cherry juice, ice cream and champagne.
- 4 oz tart cherry juice
- 1/2 tsp. sugar (to taste)
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, divided
- 4 oz champagne, divided
- In a measuring cup, add cherry juice and sugar; mix until combined. Give it a taste to see if it is sweet enough for you.
- In two champagne glasses, add ice cream, and evenly divided the cherry juice mixture between both glasses. Top the glasses with champagne.
Calories per glass: 140, Fat: 3, Cholesterol: 10, Sodium: 25, Potassium: 0, Carbs: 16, Fiber: 0, Sugar: 12, Protein: 1.3
I just love Valentine’s Day! I don’t know if it is the chocolate, the sweets, the romance or hearts? But I love it! I am looking forward to seeing what the #SundaySupper crew made for their Valentine’s for two, so be sure to check it out!
Have a wonderful day!
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.