Remember on Saturday when I said I was craving chocolate? I wasn’t kidding and today’s recipe really cures that chocolate craving I had. This is not the healthiest recipe in the world but oh my gosh is it ever good! I’m drooling just thinking about it. Before looking at the photos, please note I am not a baker or chocolate maker! I am horrible at decorating baked or non-naked goods. Ok, now that I got that out-of-the-way, let me share with you Dark Chocolate Dreams Truffles.
These truffles are what you call melt in your mouth truffles. My friend Andrea, described them as chocolate melts, kind of like the melt mint-aways but in chocolate and peanut butter form. If you like chocolate and peanut butter together you will LOVE these truffles. Andrea, said if these were sold in a store she would totally buy them. Hey that is a good thing, but why buy them, when you can make them and they are super easy to make, no special equipment needed!!
I have to tell you I am part of the Peanut Butter and Co. Yum Squad and as part of my duty being part of the Yum Squad I must share with you goodies from Peanut Butter and Co. Oh I know such a hard task! Life is tough isn’t it! lol To start the year off right I was given the new 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams, a brand new cookbook written by Peanut Butter & Co. Founder & President Lee Zalben that features a month’s worth of decadent recipes using our Dark Chocolate Dreams all natural peanut butter. This cookbook is amazing! All of the delicious decant recipe in it, oh my gosh!! And today’s recipe is just one of the 31 recipes in the cookbook.
As usual I am one of those non-thinker cooks, that starts a recipe, not realizing she didn’t have all of the ingredients on hand. I always do that, so I modified the recipe just a little, which lowered the calories and made the recipe simpler to make, not that it was hard to begin with, but my version is just a tad easier.
To make the recipe I took Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter, mixed it with powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract and unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix it all together, taste test a few hundred times because you know, it’s good! Then I rolled the dough into balls and froze them for a bit. Then I melted some dark chocolate in the microwave and rolled my balls in it. This was one of the best lick the bowl clean recipes ever. I swear I had chocolate peanut butter overload that day and oh it was so worth it. I ate so much, that I kid you not, for dinner, I ate sautéed vegetables. I couldn’t handle anymore chocolate until I photographed the truffles that evening. he he
These truffles were such a huge hit with everyone, that I had to make a second batch and needless to say I went through a 28 oz jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter in two days! That was the quickest jar of PB ever!! I have to tell you these truffles would make the ultimate Valentine’s Day gift for that special someone. Or if you want, make some for me!
- 1½ cup Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- ¼ cup butter,softened
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 oz dark chocolate melting wafers
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium size bowl add Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter, confectioners sugar, butter, vanilla extract, salt and unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix together with a spoon and then knead together until well blended.
- Roll about a tablespoon size of dough in the palm of your hand to make a ball. Place on prepared baking sheet. If the dough seems to soft to roll, place in the refrigerator to harden up. Once all of the dough is rolled into balls, place in the freezer for one hour.
- Meanwhile in a microwave safe bowl, add chocolate wafers. Microwave for 20 seconds, stir, and microwave in 10 second intervals until chocolate is melted.
- Skewer each chilled truffle with a toothpick and roll into melted chocolate. Feel free to press into peanuts or leave plain. I used sprinkles on top. Return truffles to parchment paper; remove the toothpick and let cool. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Note: I had a little bit of chocolate left, so calories maybe a little less.
Calories per truffle: 82, Fat: 5.7, Cholesterol: 2.5, Sodium: 23, Crabs: 7.8, Fiber: 1, Sugar: 6, Protein: 2
Your probably wondering, so what’s the giveaway? Well today I want you to get your hands dirty and try making some of these most delicious, melt in your mouth, chocolaty peanut butter truffles, so I am giving away 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams Cookbook and a 28oz jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams Peanut Butter!!
To win all you have to do is answer this question: What is your all time favorite peanut butter recipe?
For additional entries:
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers and or Peanut Butter and Co. Twitter
- Tweet my giveaway: Win 31 Days of Dark Chocolate Dreams at Peanut Butter & Peppers http://www.peanutbutterandpeppers.com/2014/02/04/dark-chocolate-dreams-truffles-giveaway/ @JenatPBandP @PeanutButterCo
- Follow Peanut Butter and Peppers and/or Peanut Butter & Co. on Facebook
- Follow me on Pintrest and / or Peanut Butter and Co.
- Follow me on Instagram
If you can’t wait for the giveaway to end, you can order your book here and you even get a jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams with it! 🙂
Have a super chocolaty day!!