Hello and Happy Sunday to you!
Today is a very special day!! There is a birthday in the house!!! Guess who turns two today? #SundaySupper! Yuppers, #SundaySupper is two years old and we are having a virtual birthday party. So grab your party hat, streamers and get a big cup of coffee or maybe some champagne, after all it is a celebration and sit back, relax because I have cake for you!!
After all I couldn’t be at a party without cake and in my eyes you can never have enough cake. So let me share with you my Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes with Raspberry Sauce. This is such a rich, dark chocolate cake that is will satisfy any chocolate craving you may have without all of the calories. To accompany my cake I made a very simple raspberry sauce. I love chocolate and raspberries together. It’s such a nice combination that really compliments each other. Matter in fact my wedding cake was a chocolate cake with raspberries and a vanilla buttercream frosting. It was one of the best cakes I have ever had and that flavor combination is what inspired me to make today’s cake.
I decided on a bunt cake instead of a traditional cake because I got a few bundt pans for Christmas. My Mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her just a bundt cake pan. Well she sent me three! She sent me one that is a 3 cup and two 12 cup size cake pans. Well my batter doesn’t make enough for a 12 cup cake, so I made two 3 cup cakes, which is perfect because #SundaySupper turned two today!
I did lighten up the traditional bundt cake recipe, since most cakes are up over 200 calories, if not more. My cake comes in at 157 calories. I don’t think that is to bad for cake. I made it using Truvia to cut down on the sugar and greek yogurt in place of butter, but to keep it moist I used butter flavored olive oil. It turned out wonderful and I feel no guilt in eating it!!
The only thing off about my cake is the size. Not that it tasted any different or didn’t look pretty, it was just odd to cut, since it was so small. After looking at these pictures, I bet this cake would have been great cut in half and then adding the raspberry sauce in the middle and topping it with whip cream. Funny, that you come up with these ideas after the pictures have been taken and the cake has been eaten. Well, I’ll do that next time. Oh and speaking of size, this recipe makes a 6 cup size cake.
A lightened up chocolate cake that is rich in flavor and served with a simple raspberry sauce.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend or 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp.baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (I used Star Butter Flavored EVOO) or Canola Oil
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt, plain
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp. instant espresso granules
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Raspberry Sauce
- 2 1/4 cup raspberries, frozen
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. stevia or sugar to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 6 cup or two 3 cups bundt pans with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; stir well with a whisk. Add oil, greek yogurt, egg whites, and egg substitute. Beat at low speed 1 minute. Slowly add the coconut milk, espresso granules, and vanilla; beat 1 minute.
- Pour batter prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 17 -23 minutes for 3 cup bundt pan and 25 to 35 minutes for 6 cup bundt pan, until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Trim off any access, cake so the bundt cake site flat.
- To make raspberry sauce: In a large skillet add frozen raspberries and stevia. Over medium - low heat, cook the raspberries until they break down and are no longer frozen, about 5 minutes Add the cornstarch and stir until thicken about 3 minutes more.
- Pour the sauce into a bowl or jar and let it cool to room temperature. Serve about two tablespoons of sauce with the cake. Leftover sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for about two weeks.
- Note: I recommend tasting the raspberry sauce to make sure it is sweet enough for you. My bag of raspberries were tart, but the one I bought a couple of months ago were sweeter.
Calories per slice including raspberry sauce: 157, Fat: 5.5, Cholesterol: 23, Sodium: 194, Potassium: 129, Carbs: 27, Fiber: 7, Sugar: .03, Protein: 7
I just want to say Happy Birthday #SundaySupper! I am very happy and proud to be apart of this group! It is not like any other group I have been apart of and even though we are in cyber land it does feel like family!! I have been with #SundaySupper for one year now and I can’t wait to see what fun things are lined up for the years to come!
As I always say, be sure to check out what the others are bringing to the virtual birthday party!
Have a great Sunday!
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.