“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Hawaiian Host, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #HawaiianHoliday http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.”
I have another cookie recipe for you today! One thing I love about this time of year is cookies! I could eat and eat and eat cookies until the cows come home. Lucky for me, it’s the time of year that big sweaters and cozy clothes are in style. I need something to cover my cookie stomach that I get every year in December. Today’s cookies are a good one! Take a look!
These are Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate AlohaMac Butter Cookies. They are sweet, chewy, chocolaty and simply a perfect little cookie. I baked these first thing on Sunday morning and the smell of cookies baking in the kitchen had my Husband running to the kitchen. I don’t blame him, nothing like a hot cookie fresh from the oven! You know what I’m talking about? That hot, gooey center with chocolate melting all over. Oh baby, I love that about freshly baked cookies!!
I made these cookies using Hawaiian Host Milk Premium Milk Chocolate covered Macadamia Nuts. Nothing like a little tropical flair for a cold wintry day! My Husband is a fan of Hawaiian Hosts chocolates and he was just tickled pink when he saw them in the cookie batter!!! I’m just glad I had some candies left. Treats like this don’t last very long in our house!
I was pretty impressed with the cookies! I also like that I got over 50 cookies from the batch and they only come in at 49 calories a cookie. The recipe came from Hawaiian Host and they said to make the cookies small, so I did. I made them about a heaping teaspoon size. I didn’t feel so bad eating a few. Not the most nutritious breakfast, but it was so good with my coffee!
A sweet, buttery little cookie made filled with chocolate and macadamia nuts.
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), unsalted (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 4.5 oz pkg. Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolate Covered Macadamia Nuts, diced small
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set a side.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda to the egg mixture and beat, just until incorporated.
- Fold in chopped Hawaiian Host Milk Chocolates AlohaMacs.
- Drop about a teaspoon size of batter on to prepared cookie sheets, abut 2" apart.
- Bake in oven for 8 - 10 minutes until bottom of cookie lightly brown. Let the cookies rest on baking sheet for two minuets, then let them cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Recipe from Hawaiian Host
Calories per cookie: 49, Fat: 2.5,m Cholesterol: 3.5, Sodium: 51, Potasium: 9, Carbs: 7, Fiber: .01, Sugar: 4.5, Protein: 1
If you never seen Hawaiian Hosts Milk Chocolate covered Macadamia. I found them at Lucky’s grocery store in the candy isle. They are the nice little treat to sure hit your sweet-tooth. You can find Hawaiian Host at your local grocery store , you can go here to see the closest retailer near you.
You can also find Hawaiian Host at the following:
So if you’re looking to add a little tropic and a little flair this holidays season try these cookies! They are just delicious!!! My Husband took the whole batch to work and came home empty-handed. I guess they were a hit!
Have a wonderful day! Happy Baking!