Are you a coffee lover? I know I am and today I took my coffee love one step further by making some fabulous Chocolate Java Chip Cookies.
These cookies scream coffee! They are crispy, loaded with chocolate chunks and taste just like a cup of coffee. I just love them and they go great with your morning cup of coffee or as an afternoon pick-me up!
To give them the most delicious taste of coffee I used Kraft Gevalia® Coffee. The coffee is rich, smooth and bold. I have been using Gevalia® Coffee all summer long in my cold coffee drinks. I didn’t realize Kraft made Gevalia® Coffee. I was pleasantly surprised! I actually brewed a bold cup of coffee and poured them right into these cookies. There is no skimping on the flavor of coffee in the cookies.
The reason I made these cookies is that I wanted something different then my normal cookie. I have made a ton of cookies in the past but these ones are different. The only issue with them, is that I couldn’t stop eating them. They are so good and I love that I didn’t need to use shortening to make them crispy! Plus they are only 60 calories! Woohoo!
- 4 tbsp. Gavalia Coffee grounds (I used French Roast)
- ¾ cup water
- 12 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs or ½ cup egg substitute
- 2 tsp. coffee grounds, fresh
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3½ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- In an automatic coffee maker, add coffee grounds. Pour in ¾ cup of water. Brew coffee and chill in the refidgerator. You want your coffee cold.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add coffee grounds, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugars, and beat until light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add vanilla extract and eggs and beat until incorporated.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined. Pour cold coffee over batter and mix until combined.
- Fold in Chocolate chunks
- Scoop out about 1 tsp. size of batter and place 2" apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake in oven for 10 - 12 minutes until lightly brown.
I purchased my Kraft Gevalia® Coffee at Target. Right now you can Save up to $20 on participating Kraft products, only at Target. That’s an awesome deal. My Husband stocked up on his Kraft Cheese and well as you know I stocked up on Gevalia Coffee.
So if you are looking for a different kind of holiday cookie, I recommend my Chocolate Java Chip Cookies! They are also perfect for shipping or serving with a cup of coffee after your holiday dinner.
Have a wonderful day!
From shopping for gifts to planning family dinners, it’s hard to keep up with all your holiday to-do’s. This year, Kraft is helping out with great weeknight meals and entertaining ideas to make the season a little bit easier. Plus, Kraft is offering up to $20 in coupons, redeemable exclusively at Target, to make food shopping easier and to help you have a happy holiday season.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.