Hello and Happy Sunday to you!!!
Yesterday I brought you baked oatmeal which I just love and you know me once I get on a kick, I can’t stop! So today I have for you more oatmeal. But this isn’t just oatmeal this is my Chocolate Almond Cranberry Breakfast Cookie! One combination that I just love is chocolate and cranberries together and mix in a little almond and oh boy am I heaven!! I think I am on an oatmeal kick because last weekend I had a cup of oatmeal from Pete’s coffee for breakfast and at that time I forgot how yummy oatmeal is. It was stuck in my head and I just need more oats!
This cookie is slightly crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. The first bite you get the flavor of chocolaty oats, then comes in the soft center flavored of almond and then ends in a nice chew from the cranberries. This is a holiday breakfast cookie that is sure to please chocolate and oatmeal lovers. Not only is this cookie good, it’s also gluten free and vegan! It’s made with Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Rolled Oats, Almond milk, all natural Almond Nut Butter and unsweetened cocoa powder to give it a nice chocolate flavor. For an added sweetness I add maple syrup which is natural and yummy! After all you can’t have an oatmeal cookie without maple syrup. This cookie is also very easy to make. You just mix it all together in a bowl, scoop and bake for 10 minutes. You get 17 FAT cookies. This is perfect for grabbing on the go, when you don’t have time for breakfast, plus as an added bonus I added a pinch of ground flax-seed for an added protein boost. Perfectly healthy, perfectly delicious! Whip up a batch today and serve with your morning coffee. The whole process took me maybe 20 minutes, which includes baking time!
- Serves: 17 Large cookies
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- ⅓ cup almond nut butter
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp.maple syrup
- ½ tsp. stevia
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- 1½ cups rolled oats (I used gluten free)
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seed
- ½ cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large add almond milk, almond nut butter,cocoa powder, maple syrup, stevia,and almond extract. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in oats, flax seed, and cranberries.
- Firmly scoop batter about 1" apart onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden on the bottom.
- Allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet for a few minutes until they are set enough to move to cooling racks.
- Note: How you shape your cookies, that is how they will stay when you bake them!
Sorry not to many photos of today’s recipe! I had to rush out the door so I took a few snaps and put my cookies in the freezer for having at work next week. This is defiantly a feel good cookie and at 60 calories a pop, guilt-free! These cookies also satisfies your chocolate and cookie cravings, which is a big plus for this time of the year! I’m seeing all different kind of cookie recipes lately and man do I want to have them all! Darn that sweet tooth of mine! 🙂
Well my friends, I have a fun-filled week for you and I must get making! I still need to make tomorrows recipe. I promise it’s not oatmeal, but it just may contain chocolate! But don’t worry it’s healthy and will make for a great start of the week!
Have a super fab Sunday!