Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmm I love the Crockpot!! I tell yah, it makes life so much easier, whether it is a weeknight meal that is already for you when you come home at night or on the weekend,when you spend the day cleaning your house and shopping and your purely to lazy to make dinner, the Crockpot comes in handy! I swear whoever invented the Crockpot is a genius!!
Today I have for you a simply, tasty, down home cooking Crockpot meal. This dish reminds me of something my Mom would make without the Crockpot. It’s my Italian Pork Tenderloin with Potatoes and Carrots. Oh baby! Good old comfort food at it’s best! I love the Crockpot. Really, there is nothing like coming home to a home cooked meal! I know you must agree with that!!
This dish is made with pork tenderloin, carrots, potatoes and celery. For the seasoning I used two teaspoons of Italian dressing seasoning and I let it all slow cook in vegetable broth, but chicken broth would work too!! The pork is fork tender and the vegetables just melt in your mouth.
This dish also make a wonderful gravy. To make, I took my meat and vegetables out of the Crockpot and poured the juice into a small sauce pan and mixed a little cornstarch and water to make a nice thick flavorful gravy. My Husband is a gravy fanatic! We had leftovers, so the next night my Husband re-heated the dish and poured the remaining gravy over the top. He said it tasted like stew. This is one dish he absolutely loves! I guess you would expect that from a meats and potato kind of guy!
A healthy, simple slow cooked meal made with pork tenderloin, potatoes, carrots and flavored with Italian Seasoning.
- 1 1/4 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced about 1/4"
- 1 cup celery, diced, about 1/4"
- 2 medium rustic potatoes, scrubbed clean and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 1/2 cup low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning Mix (The kind in the package you use to make dressing)
- 1/2 tbsp. crushed black pepper
- Cooking Spray
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 tbsp. water
- Spray the inside of the Crockpot with cooking spray. Add pork tenderloin and surround it with the vegetables. Pour vegetable stock over pork. Sprinkle the pork and vegetables with Italian seasoning and pepper.
- Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours or cook on high for 4 - to 6 hours.
- With tongs, carefully add pork onto serving plate. With a slotted spoon, add vegetables to the side of the pork on serving plate. Carefully pour remaining juice in the crockpot into a small sauce pan. Place sauce pan on the stove top over medium heat.
- In a small bowl add cornstarch and water, mix until combined. Pour mixture into the sauce pan with the gravy. Whisk together until thick and bubbly about 5 minutes. Pour gravy over pork and vegetables.
Calories: 212, Fat: 4.1, Cholesterol: 75, Sodium: 238, Potassium: 510, Carbs: 19, Fiber: 3.3, Sugar: 3.9, Protein: 26 Note: You can chop your vegetables the night before to make for easy morning preparation.
This dish is sure to please any night of the week. It’s just perfect for a busy day and a chilly night. The leftovers are amazing and taste just as good the next day! Make extra and take it in for lunch. A quick zap in the microwave and you will be sure to have a lunch that will make everyone jealous!
I really need to start making more Crockpot meals. I love chicken in the Crockpot, but my Husband doesn’t, so I don’t make it to often, but heck, maybe I should? Time for me to go! :)
Have a great day!