Wow, Sunday already, time is going way to quick!!! Today for #SundaySupper we are sharing recipes inspired by the Desserts In Jars cookbook by Shaina Olmanson. This cookbook is pretty cool and has so many great ideas in it from cupcakes baked in mason jars, to pancakes to cheesecake, pies and mousse. Everything in this cookbook looks delicious! I swear I could eat everything in the whole book!! The Desserts in Jar cookbook inspired me to make today’s healthy, good for you Banana Split Ice Cream.
This was such a fun dessert to make. I just love using Mason Jars for desserts, treats and even meals. I don’t think I use them often enough, but I think that will change, just wait and see. They are just so cute and remind me of something you would get in the 1950’s, kind of retro. My Husband thinks it’s crazy of how many Mason Jars I have, but he didn’t complain when I handed him today’s dessert!!!
My Banana Split Ice Cream is all natural, no sugar added! I used frozen fruit and blended it in my food processor until it was ice cream consistency. The fruit I used was banana, strawberry and pineapple. I topped my dessert with some of my homemade sugar free chocolate syrup, TruWhip Whip Cream, maraschino cherry, after all a banana split can’t be a banana split with out the cherry and some chopped peanuts. It was perfect!!!
The dessert is so quick to make too! I think the whole thing took me maybe 10 minutes. You’ll have to forgive the photos, I had to go quick with photographing because frozen treats melt pretty fast, especially when its warm out. This dessert is so refreshing and is perfect for eating on a hot summers day, while sitting on a swing on the front porch. Ok, I don’t have a swing on my porch, well I don’t even have a porch, but it is a nice idea. Plus this dessert is perfect to give to kids. You won’t have to feel bad about them eating it!! After all it’s 100% real fruit!!!
- Serves: 2 - ½ pint jars
- Serving size: 1 - ½ pint jar
- 1 large banana, frozen
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen
- ⅔ cup pineapple, frozen
- ¼ cup milk (optional), divided
- ¼ cup whipping cream, divided
- 2 tbsp. chocolate syrup (I used homemade)
- 2 maraschino cherries
- 2 tsp. chopped peanuts (optional)
- Have two ½ pint mason jars ready or two glass cups
- In a blender or food processor, add banana, and process until creamy. Divided evenly between both jars and place in the freezer to keep cold while making the other fruit ice cream. Whip clean the food processor.
- Add strawberries to food processor and process until smooth, add about 2 tbsp. of milk to help it process. Evenly divide strawberries on top of banana mixture, place back in the freezer. Clean out food processor.
- In a food processor add pineapple and blend until creamy, if necessary, add milk to help process it through. Divide the pineapple mixture on top of strawberry mixture.
- Top each jar with 2 tablespoons of whipping cream and drizzle chocolate syrup over top. Top with maraschino cherry. If you would like add chopped nuts.
- Serve right away.
I am so excited to see what goodies everyone made! If your interested in the Dessert In Jars book, well you’re in luck! A few #SundaySupper Bloggers are giving the book away. You’ll just have to search around to see who is!! If you can’t wait to win the cookbook, you can always buy one here.
I am just looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up, after all I have a major thing for little jars, especially ones with desserts in it! Stay tuned for several posts this summer using my jars! I am having way to much fun with them!!
Have a great Sunday!
The Sunday Supper Team is excited to be working with Desserts in Jars this week. We are giving away copies of Desserts in Jars. You will have to check out the blogs listed below on Sunday for details.
If that wasn’t enough, join us during the #SundaySupper Chat and you could win Tickets to the Food and Wine Conference and a 2 night stay during the conference at the beautiful Rosen Shingle Creek. Everyone that joins the chat will be entered to win.
- Summer Fruit Fool in Jars by Shockingly Delicious
- Banana Split Cakes in a Jar by Daily Dish Recipes
- Baked Cheesecake In A Jar by Chocolate Moosey
- Key Lime Pies in a Jar by Home Cooking Memories
- Fudgy Brownie Mix by What Smells So Good?
- 5 Minute Coffee Cake in a Jar by Juanita’s Cocina
- Strawberry Mess by Jane’s Adventure’s in Dinner
- Mini Blueberry Cream Cheese Pies by Magnolia Days
- Peach Crisp in Jars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes by Hip Foodie Mom
- Salted Caramel Frozen Yogurt by Healthy.Delicious
- Boston Cream Pie Trifle by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Egg Cream in A Jar by Growing Up Gabel
- Cinnamon Espresso Bread Pudding in a Jar by Country Girl in the Village
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake in a Jar by Runner’s Tales
- Blueberry Thyme Pie in a Jar by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Caramel Panna Cotta in a Jar by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Layered Melon Granitas in Jars by Curious Cuisiniere
- Red Velvet Wedding Cake In A Jar by Foxes Love Lemons
- Strawberry Shortcake with Lemon Mascarpone in a Jar by Gotta Get Baked
- Nutella Panna Cotta in a Jar by Basic N Delicious
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie in a Jar by Big Bears Wife
- Bacon Bourbon Bread Pudding by The Urban Mrs
- Cinnamon Caramel Affogatos by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Ice Cream by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Midori Melon Flower Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Triple Berry Crisp in a Jar by Ruffles & Truffles
- Guilt-Free Blueberry Cream Cheese Gingerbread in a Jar by Eat, Move, Shine
- Gluten Free Pull-Apart Cinnamon Bread in a Jar by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Roasted Strawberry Coconut Cream Parfaits With Toasted Coconut by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate and Banana Ice Box Trifle In A Jar by In the Kitchen with KP
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement
The Desserts In Jars Summer Tour will be hosting live events around the country. Check out the events below and join us in a city near you. From Garden Parties to library events to restaurant menus, we are giving you the opportunity to experience these desserts from Desserts in Jars. These events will be so much fun and we would love to see you there!
This is an event you don’t want to miss! We would love to break bread with you at this event!