Hey, hey, hey!!!
Today I have a fun, off the wall recipe just for you, well me too! Do you like Peanut Butter? Chocolate? and Pretzels? Well I do! This little cookie ball has it all and completely satisfies my sweet and salty cravings. Let me introduce to you my newest no bake cookie ball recipe, the Chocolate Chip Pretzel Almond Chickapea Ball. Wow that’s a mouth full!
Remember last Saturday when I posted what I was craving this week and it was my Peanut Butter Cookie Hummus? Well it got me to thinking, could I make this hummus into cookie balls? With my excitement I got up bright and early on Sunday morning (4:30am) and made these little balls. If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen a picture of chocolate chip cookie looking batter, well this is the outcome. Sweet, peanut buttery, salty little balls! Man, are they good and addicting. I would never have dreamed in a million of years I could turn hummus into cookie balls, but I did and it’s fantastic!!
I made these little balls with the same basic recipe as my Peanut Butter Cookie Hummus, with the exception of adding a pinch more maple syrup, oats, oat flour and crushed up pretzels. When I was playing around with the recipe, the batter seemed a little wet, so in went the pretzels and it made them perfect. Each bite you get sweetness, then crunch from the pretzels, plus the salt and then the after taste is a wonderful almond nut butter. I used almond nut butter for this recipe, but regular peanut butter would work great too!
For safe keeping I froze my little balls and do to the fat of the nut butter, they don’t get rock hard, plus they soften up pretty quick. You can also store them in the refrigerator. Personally I like my cookies in the freezer, plus it’s the old out of sight, out of mind kind of thing for me!! If you haven’t done the whole garbanzo/chickapea and peanut butter thing, you really should. I am not kidding you one bit, you do not taste the beans! The peanut butter and maple syrup really mask the flavor well. It’s crazy that you can do these kind of things. You know me too, I’m always looking to get my treats and having them on the healthier side. Just wait till Sunday to see what I did with a high calorie sweet treat!!!
- Serves: 58 Balls
- Serving size: 1 Ball
- 1 15.5 oz. can Garbanzo Beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup almond nut butter or peanut butter
- ¼ tsp salt to taste
- 1 tsp. stevia (to taste)
- 1½ tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup oat flour (oats processed into flour)
- ½ cup oats
- ⅓ cup (28 grams) pretzels, crushed
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor add garbanzo beans, almond nut butter, salt, stevia, maple syrup, vanilla extract and oat flour. Process until well combined and creamy.
- Add blended bean mixture to a bowl and stir in oats; mix until well combined. Stir in crushed pretzels and chocolate chips; mix until combined.
- Roll dough into balls, about the size of a ping pong ball, maybe a little smaller. Place rolled balls on to prepared pan.
- Place in freezer to harden, then store in a freezer bag for up to 3 month. Or you can skip the freezing part and refrigerate your chickapea balls.
This recipe does make a lot of balls and if you’re not into rolling them you could, keep it as a hummus or split the recipe in half or even better make BIGGER Balls!! I’m all for the bigger balls. Don’t be thinking dirty now! Tsk, tsk….
Well I hope you like today’s balls! They are fun, easy to make, but taste even better!!
Have a super duper great day!