I’m glad this week has finally come to an end. I thought I had allergies for the past week and a half, only to find out I’m actually sick. I’m all stuffed up in my head and my chest hurts. Sigh… At least I have something to make me feel better and is sure to put a smile on anyone’s face. How you can you not smile, when you see them? They are so darn adorable!!
These are my Blueberry Orange Mini Muffins! They aren’t only cute, but they are really tasty too! They are light and soft with big chunks of blueberries and a hint of orange. Not to toot my own horn, but these are probably the best mini muffins I have made. I’m shocked to how moist they are for little muffins. In the past when I made mini muffins they always come out to chewy, but not these muffins, every bite is perfect!
To keep these muffins light I used one of my favorite greek yogurts, which is Chobani’s Blueberry. Have you ever had that flavor of yogurt? It tastes like a blueberry muffin, so I knew it had to go into my muffins. The yogurt adds a nice moistness to the muffins, but I wanted to be sure I wouldn’t end up with a chewy muffin, so I added just 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Perfect! For the orange flavor, I used the juice of one orange, which measure 1/3 of a cup, plus the zest of the orange. No orange goes to waste in my house! To make an orange extra juicy, I like to roll it on the counter before I cut into it. Then when you cut it, it explodes with juice. he he
The recipe makes for 44 mini muffins, that’s a lot of muffins, but trust me, none will go to waste! Especially since they are only 25 calories a muffin! Talk about guilt-free! Plus they only contain .04 grams of fat! See what I mean, guilt-free! You could eat four if you want! Since I did have so many, I decided to pop them in the freezer for safe keeping. They will make for an easy grab and go breakfast! Plus my Husband will be taking a bunch to work. He likes when I bake breads and muffins, so he has something to have during his snack time. Plus he shares my baked goods with his co-workers. I think it makes him popular. lol
Healthy,moist, fluffy little muffins, chock full of blueberries with a hint of orange.
- 6 oz. Chobani Blueberry Greek Yogurt
- 6 pkts. stevia or 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. coconut or canola oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from one orange
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 Cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spray 2 mini muffin pans with cooking spray; set a side.
- In a medium bowl, mix yogurt and sugar; until combined. Add egg, coconut milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, orange zest and orange juice; mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; Mix together.
- Add flour mixture to yogurt mixture, and mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Sprinkle a little bit of flour onto the blueberries, just to coat them, that way they don't sink in your muffins. I just placed them in my bowl that I had my flour mixture in, then added about a teaspoon of flour and gave them a shake.
- Fold in blueberries
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for a few minutes and finishing cooling on a wire rack.
Calories per muffin with stevia: 25.3, Fat: .04, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 59, Potassium: 12.3, Carbs: 4.3, Fiber: .07, Sugar: 1, Protein: 1
Calories per muffin with granulated sugar: 29.6, Fat: .04, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 59, Potassium: 12.3, Carbs: 5.5, Fiber: .07, Sugar: 2.2, Protein: 1
When making these I found that Trader Joe’s Frozen Organic Wild Blueberries are perfect. They are smaller blueberries, which makes for a perfect size for these muffins. But any blueberry will do!
Well my Friends! Have a great weekend! Hoping I feel better so I can go to Zumba class tomorrow! Can’t believe I like to do a dance class. I am so not a dancing person. I am the most uncoordinated person ever! Plus, I’m to structured of a person. I can do basic boot camp moves, but tell me to start moving my fanny and dance, I’m lost! I’m stepping out of my comfort zone and having fun doing it!
Again, have a great weekend!