Today for #SundaySupper or mission to make something for St. Patrick’s Day or something that is Spring. Well since I have a tad bit of Spring Fever and a slight spring cold, I thought I would choose Spring as my recipe challenge today!! When I think of Spring two things come to mind, hyacinth flowers and berries!!! You know I have been talking about berries for the past few weeks and this week, they looked juicy good!! So with that in mind I made a taco that can be used for breakfast or dessert!
This taco is filled with the freshest berries that Trader Joe’s carries, plump juicy strawberries, tender little blueberries and a slight tart blackberry. Muah!!! Only if you could really hear me say “Muah”. It sounds better than reading it. Anyway, I used a flour tortilla shell sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar for a little extra flavor and a tad bit of Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt to hold my berries in place. It’s so perfect, so Spring, so me!!
I folded my flour tortilla up and placed in my frying pan, to give it a little added crunch, plus it glues the tortilla together, so you don’t lose your precious filling. After all you don’t want one berry to escape!! The yogurt cooked fine in the frying pan, as your basically just heating up the shell, you’re not really cooking it.
I topped my Berry Taco with a dollop of Chobani Strawberry Greek Yogurt and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. I had this for my breakfast and since I used high fiber flour tortillas, and got my protein from the yogurt, I was pretty filled up most of the morning! But, you know you could also turn this into a dessert! You could drizzle some warmed chocolate syrup and a dollop of whip cream or if you are so inclined you could even serve this with just a little bit of vanilla ice cream. Ohhh, the possibilities are endless.
- Serves: 1 taco
- Serving size: 1 taco
- 1 6" flour tortilla (I used Mission Carb balance 120 calories)
- ¼ cup Strawberry Greek Yogurt (I used Chobani Greek)
- ½ cup strawberries, diced
- ¼ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash sugar
- Brush the inside of the tortilla with water and sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar . In the center of the tortilla, add the yogurt and berries. Carefully fold one side of the tortilla to the center and then do the same to the other side. Place the seam side down in a frying pan. Cook over medium heat until the bottom is lightly brown. Carefully flip the tortilla and cook until lightly brown.
- Serve on a plate with additional greek yogurt, or powdered sugar, or you can top with chocolate syrup and whip cream. Serve for breakfast or for dessert.
I had a lot of fun creating this recipe! These are my two, no three favorite ingredients, berries, greek yogurt and taco shells. I LOVE it!!! I think I may have had to many berries today, I seem a little excited over my dish! I’m blaming Spring Fever!!!
Have a wonderful Sunday and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Be sure to check out what everyone else brought to the table!
Green and Spring Dishes Menu Includes:
- Baked Eggs with Shaved Asparagus and Proscuitto by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Shrimp and Leek Quiche by Gourmet Drizzles
- Spinach and Cheddar Quiche for St. Patrick’s Day Brunch by Supper For A Steal
- Asparagus and Spring Onion Frittatta by Country Girl in the Village
- Savory Crepes with Prawns, Broccoli and Hollandaise Sauce by Masala Herb
- Egg Bake with Spring Onions, Asparagus and Artichokes by The Whimpy Vegetarian
Apps, Bread, Salads, Soups and Dressings:
- Gluten Free Irish Soda Bread by The Meltaways
- Strawberry, Avocado, Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette by Daily Dish Recipes
- Asparagus Gazpacho by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Spinach Bacon Salad by In The Kitchen with Audrey
- Anchovy and Egg Salad by Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage Soup by Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- White Asparagus & Salmon Spring Salad by Family Foodie
- Chicken-Strawberry Field Green Salad w/Strawberry Balsamic Dressing by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bacon & Egg Spring Salad by Daddy Knows Less
- Green Garbanzo Hummus by Soni’s Food
Main and Sides:
- Pea Shoot Risotto by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta by Juanita’s Cocina
- Sweet Ginger Scallion Noodles by What Smells So Good?
- Asparagus Pesto w/Heirloom Fingerlings and Orecchiette by Webicurean
- Coddle for St. Patrick’s Day by Noshing With The Nolands
- Corned Beef Cabbage Rolls by Curious Cuisiniere
- Brown Butter Brussels Sprouts with Gruyère and Hazelnuts by Hip Foodie Mom
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Berry Tacos by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Asparagus and Prosciutto Bundles by Diabetic Foodie
- Caramelized Grapes and Brie Whole Wheat Galette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pink Water Kimchi (Nabak Kimchi) by Kimchi Mom
- Key Lime Cheesecake by The Foodie Army Wife
- Irish Coffee Ice Cream with Caramel Whiskey Sauce by 30A Eats
- Key Lime Cream Cheese Empanadas by La Cocina de Leslie
- Coconut Raspberry Layer Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Fresh Mango Berry Mousse With Coconut Cream by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Gluten Free Carrot Cookies by Simply Gourmet
- Chocolate Mint Brownies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Sorbet by Magnolia Days
- Cadbury Creme Egg Pull-Apart Sweet Rolls by Chocolate Moosey
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Lemon Roll Cake by The Ninja Baker
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Candied Flowers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Lemon Citrus Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Mini Fruit Tarts by Big Bear’s Wife
- Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream by Buffy and George
- Fried Ice Cream by Neighborfood
- Watergate Salad by Cupcakes and Pearls Blog
- Good-for-You Strawberry Tiramisu Cheesecake Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Guinness Beer Milkshake by The Urban Mrs
- Wines to Pair with Springtime #SundaySupper Dishes by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
- Irish Spring Tea Party by My Cute Bride
- Fizzy Citrus Cocktails by The Messy Baker
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about our favorite cookout recipes!