Happy National Peanut Butter Lovers Day!!!
I normally don’t celebrate these kind of holidays since there are so many of them, but this one is near dear to my heart! Why? Because it is peanut butter and you know how much I LOVE peanut butter! So with today’s celebration I decided to make a Peanut Butter, Banana and Strawberry Bread!
The inspiration for this recipe is that horrible Chobani yogurt!!! Darn those yogurt makers! You know I’m only kidding! I LOVE you!!! Maybe I love you too much!! I think my Husband thinks so! lol Chobani was kind enough to send me a shipment of their newest flavors, banana and pear.
I honestly thought, ehhh, banana? I know I’ll like the pear but banana. Oh my gosh, I was so wrong, so so wrong!!! I added some strawberry jam and peanut butter and gave it a mix. I was in heaven! I was in heaven so much I ate two in a row! It’s unbelievable! I’m not much for flavored Greek Yogurt, but Chobani’s Banana made me change my mind!! I can tell you, I am stocked up on this newest Greek Yogurt! Thanks Chobani for giving me another obsession! Here is my yogurt concoction, the second photo is all mixed together!
Now back to my banana bread! When making this bread I did use greek yogurt, and my intention was to use Chobani’s Banana Greek Yogurt, but I ate it all, so I used my Chobani plain greek yogurt! It was perfect! I just added a banana to make up for the banana taste I was craving!
I thought of using jam for my bread, but I found some gorgeous fatty, red strawberries from Driscoll’s. I was afraid I wouldn’t find any precious berries this year, since the past month they haven’t looked very good. Just check out these fat bad boys! They were perfect in this bread and eating plain! Sorry there are not many berries in the picture. I ate them all too!
I have to tell you this bread is so moist, chock full of strawberries with a wonderful peanut butter taste and a hint of banana. I based this recipe on last weeks Apple and Cinnamon Walnut Bread. I was pretty stoked, because this recipe made 4 mini loaves, which will last me and my Husband throughout the week. I plan on making some french toast with it or maybe eating it with a dollop of peanut butter, after all you can’t have too much peanut butter.
- Serves: 20 Slices
- Serving size: 1 Slice
- 1 Cup Greek Non Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or canola oil
- ¾ cup NuNaturals Presweet Tagatose or ½ cup sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. milk
- ½ cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth
- 1 Cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup flax seed, ground
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease one 9- x 5-inch loaf pan or 4 mini loafs with cooking spray; set a side.
- In a medium bowl, mix yogurt, banana, coconut oil, sugar, egg whites, vanilla extract and milk; mix until until blended.
- In a separate bowl add flour, flax seed, wheat germ, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; Mix together.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the yogurt mixture, be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in strawberries
- Pour batter into prepared baking pans. Use the back of the spoon to smooth batter out.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour for 1 large loaf or 30 – 35 minutes for 4 mini loafs, or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
Calories per slice with Sugar: 118.2, Fat: 5.3, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 144, Potassium: 63.7, Carbs: 14.3, Fiber: 2.2, Sugar: 6.5, Protein: 4.7
I am loving today and I am loving this banana bread! What a great way to get ready for the weekend!!! I am just so happy right now, and I don’t know why? I guess it’s because it’s my day!! I think I’ll celebrate National Peanut Butter Lovers Day with making some homemade Peanut Butter and lots of treats to use it with! I can’t wait! Now for work to be over with and soon! Please day, don’t drag!!!
Have a great weekend!!!