Well one more day till Valentine’s Day! I can’t believe how times flies! It feels like Christmas was yesterday! Today I have for you the most creamy, decadent chocolate dessert, that is no bake, easy to make and is so perfect for Valentine’s Day! I promise it will please any chocolate lover in your life!
This is my Chocolate Coconut Mousse. Let me tell you, this will satisfy any chocolate craving that you have! I wasn’t kidding you when I said this is so decadent and rich! I decided to make a mousse for my Husband for an early V-day treat! I never saw someone who loved or ate so much chocolate as much as my Husband! He’s worse than me, and I didn’t think that was possible!!
I made this mousse with canned, full fat coconut milk. I bought it at Trader Joe’s. What you must do, is take your full fat coconut milk, leave it in the can and put it in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours. When your ready to use it, carefully open the can and spoon out the solid coconut. Do not use the liquid at the bottom of the can. You should have about a half cup of left over coconut liquid. You can discard it or use it in a smoothie. Just don’t add it to the mousse. I also used 4 oz of fat free cream cheese, which works out nicely, however, since it’s fat free, you tend to get little white specks of cream cheese. That doesn’t bother me, but if you want it to look perfect, I would recommend 1/3 less fat cream cheese.
This dessert would be really easy to make vegan! I would skip the cream cheese all together or use a vegan cream cheese. I am amazed how coconut can be whipped up to be like whipped cream!! I love it!! I have been just dying to try this kind of recipe!! I can’t wait for my Husband to come home so he can try it! I just know he will be tickled pink!!
- 4 oz cream cheese, fat free
- ½ cup NuNaturals PreSweet Tagatose or sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 14oz can coconut, full fat
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place the coconut milk in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Do not open or shake the can. Don't touch it!
- The next day:
- In a large mixing bowl add cream cheese and sugar; beat until combined. Add vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Very important; Spoon out the coconut cream and place in cream cheese mixture and beat until light and fluffy. ( NOTE: do not use the liquid coconut milk, you just want the solids from the can. You should have about a ½ cup of liquid coconut milk left over. Discard it or use for another purpose.) Beat in cocoa powder, until light and fluffy. You may have to scrap down the sides of the bowl a few times. Taste to see if you need more sugar or cocoa powder.
- Evenly divide into 4 cups and serve! You can also top with fresh berries!
Calories per serving using Sugar: 272, Fat: 13, Cholesterol: 5, Sodium: 230, Potassium: 123, Carbs: 34.4, Fiber: 2.7, Sugar: 27.6, Protein: 7.1
I posted this recipe today because you need 24 hours for the coconut milk to be refrigerated if you decided to make it! I’m telling you if you are a chocolate lover this is the dessert for you. Yes I know there is fat in it, but it’s a healthy fat! A little bit of fat once in a while is ok, just don’t have it for dessert every night! 🙂
Have a great day everyone!