Geesh, Monday already? Where the heck does the time go? I think there should be a law passed, who ever is in the Super Bowl, that State has off the next day whether your team wins or loses! Wouldn’t that be nice to have today off? Ok, I’m just dreaming right about now. I think it’s the kind of day where we should have some cookies to forget its Monday!
Little Jenny told me she was at Safeway and had a Red Velvet Cookie that was fluffy, light and tasted like cake and she said it was so good! My brain started ticking and I thought, huh, I can make that and make it healthier then a Safeway Cookie! At that moment I whipped out my blender and all my ingredients and got to work!
How can I make this cookie healthier and cake like? Hmmm, I automatically thought of my yogurt chocolate chips cookies, which were cake like. So I decided instead of butter I’d use fat-free cream cheese and yogurt!! For the sugar I used the NuNaturals Presweet Tagatose and for a little fiber I used whole wheat pastry flour. Beat, blend and bake and out came a light, fluffy cookie! Totally impressed! I actually had an idea of a recipe and it came out perfect the first time!! You don’t know how many times I try a recipe and it doesn’t always come out!!
For an added little punch I used some white chocolate chips! After all a cookie isn’t a cookie without chocolate chips! They were the perfect addition to these cookies! What else I like is that the cookies that they are so fluffy that you don’t even notice there are chips in them until you take a bite! Nice little surprise I gave my Husband and Jenny a cookie to try out and Jenny said mmmm, these are really good Jen and my Husband asked are these for my lunches next week? I really like them! Hey, they are a hit in this house and a hit with me! I ate 3 of them, and froze them as soon as they were done cooling! I can not have these around! I can see eating the whole batch!
- Serves: 38 Cookies
- Serving size: 1 Cookie
- 1½ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. cornstach
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese, room temeprature
- 1 cup sugar ( or 1½ cups NuNaturals Presweet Tagatose)
- 1 large egg (I used egg substitute)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. distilled vinegar
- ¼ tsp. red paste food coloring,
- 1 cups white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat; set a side
- In a bowl add flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking soda and salt, set a side.
- In large bowl, cream together cream cheese and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in eggs, vanilla extract, greek yogurt, vinegar until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture; mix until combined. Beat in food coloring, until desired color is achieved.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Drop about 1 tablespoon 2" apart (they spread) of batter onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 - 10 minutes until golden lightly golden brown on the bottom of cookie.
Calories per cookie with sugar (1 cup): 78.2, Fat: 1.9, Cholesterol: .05, Sodium: 102, Potassium: 11.2, Carbs: 13.4, Fiber: .08, Sugar: 9.2, Protein: 1.9
UPDATE: These cookies are best eaten the day you make them. They don't freeze very well.
Well Guys, I’m trying to write my posts in advance so I can relax on my vacation later this week, so I am off to make another creation!
Have a great week!